Reload this Page >

missing work and cricket

missing work and cricket

Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

saddiah is on a distinguished road
Default missing work and cricket

Hi everyone

My husband is waiting for his EAD and time is pasing slowly.
The financial end of it is bad enough but even worse it seems is for most men who can stand to sit home all day with kids and laundry?
so we are trying to find ways to entertain and satisfy his boredom.
I am still looking for a job ,never realized it's kinda hard to find the "right" job.
well and then he misses cricket, I have checked with our cable company and they don't have any crickett for him.
The only way to see cricket it seems is thru the dish,,wich I dont have "enough" built credit up for that so they wanted 400.00 straight out.
Obviously I can't come up with 400.00 for a dish and my husband hasn't been here long enough to establish credit either.
I never had a credit card in my life ,always was a little scared of them haha.
But anyways ,,so now I wish I can find a way to get some crickett into this house for him,,I know this would cheer him up so much.
he misses his home his family and he's said it over and over again "if I can just see ricky ponting,,it's like a cure or something! haha so does anyone have any ideas? before meeting my husband I never knew anything about crickett I am suprised we don't have this fascinating sport in America.
also looking for a job so send me some good energys my way ok please?
well take care all and if anyone wants to send my husband support please feel free he misses his country and his sports.
he sits at the computer and watches the scores change on the screen for his crickett,I feel so sorry for him.

2 more months of winter :scared: N.D in winter is like a whole other planet,,I extra feel bad for him. well cheers everyone ,have a nice day
thanks for listening to me complain and whine
Sadia
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:07 pm
Vegas Baby

vegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond reputevegas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: missing work and cricket

You can download cricket here

http://www.desitorrents.com/

you will have to register first
Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:12 pm

Trent is an unknown quantity at this point

Sadia,

Last I checked, PTV Prime (the local Pakistani channel) was only 14.95 per month through Disk Network. (Click on the link for details)

I have never had service through them but from what I know, they don't require any extensive credit checks. The contract is on a monthly basis and you can cancel service anytime. In fact one of my acquaintances subscribed to Dish Network a few months ago and they didn't require any extensive credit checks or contracts.

PTV prime is probably not going to fulfill your hubby's craving for cricket if he is a major fan but it would at least provide him with some local variety of TV programming to help him pass his day.

As for jobs, that depends on what your husband's resume and what he is looking for.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Can download a quite a few games on various torrent sites, I had, but can't find it now, a really good sports torrent site, I used it during the euro footie

but for now: http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp
and do a search for cricket torrents and download them....and like mentioned, desi torrents is good, mostly indian based games, hence the name, but it's a good site.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there are plenty of other things to do in North Dakota, like....er.....em.......er.................???
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:36 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

relive the action yourself

www.stickcricket.co.uk
Old Feb 5th 2005, 7:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I'm sure there are plenty of other things to do in North Dakota, like....er.....em.......er.................???
like visit south dakota? *lol*
Old Feb 5th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Thats North Dakota's marketing slogan. "Just like South Dakota, minus Mount Rushmore"
Old Feb 7th 2005, 6:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Thats North Dakota's marketing slogan. "Just like South Dakota, minus Mount Rushmore"
Well we did a trip to the Black Mountains of S Dakota, very nice.

Mid winter might be a different story.

Tombstone was a disappointment, now all gaming and grannies.

Sturgis even more so, best left for when the Rally is on.

Highlight was the Bison round up.

Only thing I know about N Dakota was from Fargo...

Grandaughter (5) has just started playing Footie (Soccer, as she insists), I did ask if they would be moving on to Cricket in the summer - blank looks, never mind.

I have Dish, cheapest to get FosSportsWorls, gives you an hour of Sky Sports News which does help.

If only I could find someway of getting BBC Radio live sport coverage...any solutions, none that I have tried so far have worked.