Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mild Disability

Mild Disability

Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Oddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really nice
Default Mild Disability

Hi Folks

I got a mild disability..back problems, and no dangerous behavior associated.Is it still OK for me to visit the US on a Visa Waiver, or a B 2 Visa..???
There are so many rules, and regulations..would be nice to know.
THX!! in advance!!

Oddy

Last edited by Oddy; Jul 5th 2009 at 7:16 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:22 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mild Disability

Originally Posted by Oddy
Hi Folks

I got a mild disability..back problems, and no dangerous behavior associated.Is it still OK for me to visit the US on a Visa Waiver, or a B 2 Visa..???
There are so many rules, and regulations..would be nice to know.
THX!! in advance!!

Oddy
Yes, no problems visiting if you have back problems.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Oddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really niceOddy is just really nice

THX!! for your answer.As far as I can read it seems that a disability doesn`t matter..it seems that Physical, or mental disorders with dangerous behavior is the things the authorities are looking at. Dangerous behavior doesn`t say that much really, anyone have a definition here..???..or as the B 2 Visa says..Dangerous physical, or mental disorder..definitions, anyone...???
THX!! so much!!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Yes, no problems visiting if you have back problems.
Have good health Insurance though
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:40 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oddy
Dangerous behavior doesn`t say that much really, anyone have a definition here..???
serial killers.... that's one.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:18 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Arsonists... That's another.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

sociopath is another. Can't think of a physical disability that would be dangerous to the public unless they are thinking of a deformity that would make a person stare to someone and walk into traffic.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:10 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
sociopath is another.
Sounds like we're getting roll call of BE regulars!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:20 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
sociopath is another. Can't think of a physical disability that would be dangerous to the public unless they are thinking of a deformity that would make a person stare to someone and walk into traffic.
Rete, I wet myself about what you said, I know you just stated it but, I could just imagine it...thanks that has cheered me up
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:16 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Rete, I wet myself about what you said, I know you just stated it but, I could just imagine it...thanks that has cheered me up
And quite FRANKLY, you lot are well likely to LOOK THE 'WRONG' WAY and step into traffic over here!

j/k

The only punctuation I would add to the poster's question -- I agree that a back injury would not raise any problems for VWP or ESTA -- is that s/he might want to be sure (a) that s/he travels with appropriate written prescriptions for his/her medication, especially pain medication in case refills are needed or in case of being asked "what are these pills," and (b) to have, if problems are likely to crop up, a good travelers health insurance policy.

By the way: I see NO NEED to raise with border guards the issue of the back condition or the carrying of prescription medications UNLESS asked verbally or in writing.

--J
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:38 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JCraigFong
And quite FRANKLY, you lot are well likely to LOOK THE 'WRONG' WAY and step into traffic over here!

j/k

The only punctuation I would add to the poster's question -- I agree that a back injury would not raise any problems for VWP or ESTA -- is that s/he might want to be sure (a) that s/he travels with appropriate written prescriptions for his/her medication, especially pain medication in case refills are needed or in case of being asked "what are these pills," and (b) to have, if problems are likely to crop up, a good travelers health insurance policy.

By the way: I see NO NEED to raise with border guards the issue of the back condition or the carrying of prescription medications UNLESS asked verbally or in writing.

--J
JC,
I have something to add to this, I know something...wow

I carry a undated letter for my insulin and stuff, it has been asked for on all arrivals to the USA, I have a small yellow zip case which keeps it cool and I carry it on inside hand luggage, but I was told they like to see it as proof, I have had mine examined on 2 trips over, actually dragged it all out to show at x-ray area, but 2 out of 6 times isn't a bad average, but never bother on the UK side...ever