Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

Michael Savage Wants Americans to Boycott British Goods

Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Michael Savage, like Michael Moore, is a buffoon. However, I do agree with most of these points:

1. End Affirmative Action. (Ah, leaglized racism.)
2. Close the Borders now. (Sounds good to me, as long as all your talking about is stopping the flow of illegals. A nation should be in control of its borders.)
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now. (no problem with legal immigrants, but who wants illegals?)
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states. (Bilingual education is just a code for separate education.)
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants. (Legals immgrants already get health tests, a illegals should be sent back to their country of origin, so I don't get this one.)
6. Make tax cuts permanent. (Good idea. Less money for government means more freedom for people)
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees. (Should be part of a move toward privitization.)
8. Tort Reform - Stop Class Action Lawyers. (Frivilous lawsuits amount to an extra tax.)
Old Nov 18th 2003, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Yes I agree. ban all free speech from those who oppose us ( SATIRE FOR THEM THAT DO NOT GET IT )
Old Nov 18th 2003, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Polaris_x
Okay, my 2 cents....

First off, Michael Savage is a clown. He's the conservative answer to Michael Moore. Both need to be removed from society...in my opinion.

I'm sick of all these “celebrities� spouting their mouths off when it comes to politics. They’re there to ENTERTAIN us, not to be political. I’d like to see Savage and Moore get into a knife fight at Columbine High School. Perhaps have Michael Moore take a shank to the neck, and begin splattering the walls with his pig’s blood. Then, he could pull out a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun and put a slug into Savage’s chest. Ohhhh, the irony of such a situation like that.

Bush is a psycho, I’ll admit that. But, in my opinion, I think we NEED a psycho in office right now. 12 years of negotiating with these radicals didn’t seem to work. All it got us in the U.S. was 2 large buildings 100% destroyed, the Pentagon mangled, and several thousand dead. Yeah, maybe Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, but Saddam and his henchmen are far from “innocent� in the terrorism realm. I think paying $50K for a suicide bomber is being in pretty deep, if you ask me.

I’m glad we’re in Iraq. I hope we have the balls to stay there until either we kill every last person that supports the former government, or until we’re all dead. I don’t care, I just want to see the damn thing FINISHED for once. I’m also glad that the people in England are going to riot. News flash for Savage: ENGLAND DOESN’T ANSWER TO BUSH, ASHCROFT, OR RUMSFELD! I guess that just goes to show that Savage has the IQ as low as Michael Moore.

England, go forth and riot. We’ll still buy your goods, when we can afford it. I’m all for FREEDOM, and all they’re doing is expressing their FREEDOMS!

-Me
You are a ****ing prick.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

adamfdz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PrincessofWales
I'm sorry, Michael Savage is an arse....

...this prat set up a group called the "Paul Revere Society" intended to "Save America" through, quote: "...assert(ing) the values inherent in these pillars of freedom. We will seek to educate the citizenry about our nation's freedoms."

the PRS endorses the following 8 point program for protecting America:

1. End Affirmative Action.
2. Close the Borders now.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.
6. Make tax cuts permanent.
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees.
8. Tort Reform - Stop Class Action Lawyers.

1. End Affirmative Action.-Back to their Nazi roots
2. Close the Borders now.-Does this include prohibiting the importation of cheap chinese goods too?, No, didn't think so.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.-Can this be made retro active, to deport the descendents of illegal immigrants from the 1700's?
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.-All PRS members must take a course on how to speak English, not redneckese
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.-Us iimigrants are the healthiest of the lot!
6. Make tax cuts permanent.-And who or what will pay for the trailer park trash listeners welfare check?
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees.-Fire teachers, cops..that's sensible, NOT
8. Tort Reform - Stop Class Action Lawyers.-Only if laws are passed to protect consumers from shoddy goods and services.

This fascist is the biggest dickhead i have ever come across. Boycott British goods, PLEASE.....ok, don't buy: Rolls Royce cars, Bentleys, Jaguars, Lotus, anything from Harrods, Gieves and Hawkes suits, Church's shoes.
What this megalomaniac doesn't get that in the UK people have a RIGHT to demonstrate against someone or something they don't like. Just *because* W is prez of the USA doesn't make him untouchable, but what pisses me off most of all is the way the British police are cowtowing to American security demands. With W taking 700 **ARMED** bodyguards to the UK, what the HELL would he do if he went to Iraq? If a Brit gets shot by a trigger happy minder, will he'she be subject to UK law...anyone know?????
Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by adamfdz
If a Brit gets shot by a trigger happy minder, will he'she be subject to UK law...anyone know?????

The government has said that these minders will not have diplomatic immunity, and that if they shoot anybody they will be subject to UK law. What might actually happen, on the other hand - well, I leave it up to the cynical among us (myself included) to draw their own conclusions.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:57 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Okay, my 2 cents....

First off, Michael Savage is a clown. He's the conservative answer to Michael Moore. Both need to be removed from society...in my opinion.

I'm sick of all these “celebrities� spouting their mouths off when it comes to politics. They’re there to ENTERTAIN us, not to be political. I’d like to see Savage and Moore get into a knife fight at Columbine High School. Perhaps have Michael Moore take a shank to the neck, and begin splattering the walls with his pig’s blood. Then, he could pull out a sawed off 12 gauge shotgun and put a slug into Savage’s chest. Ohhhh, the irony of such a situation like that.

Bush is a psycho, I’ll admit that. But, in my opinion, I think we NEED a psycho in office right now. 12 years of negotiating with these radicals didn’t seem to work. All it got us in the U.S. was 2 large buildings 100% destroyed, the Pentagon mangled, and several thousand dead. Yeah, maybe Iraq had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, but Saddam and his henchmen are far from “innocent� in the terrorism realm. I think paying $50K for a suicide bomber is being in pretty deep, if you ask me.

I’m glad we’re in Iraq. I hope we have the balls to stay there until either we kill every last person that supports the former government, or until we’re all dead. I don’t care, I just want to see the damn thing FINISHED for once. I’m also glad that the people in England are going to riot. News flash for Savage: ENGLAND DOESN’T ANSWER TO BUSH, ASHCROFT, OR RUMSFELD! I guess that just goes to show that Savage has the IQ as low as Michael Moore.

England, go forth and riot. We’ll still buy your goods, when we can afford it. I’m all for FREEDOM, and all they’re doing is expressing their FREEDOMS!

-Me
Your rather odd graphic description aside the rest of your comments are wrongheaded.

I can understand peoples frustrations and anger and i understand why Bush turned this into a policy because he just doesnt know any better but its a doomed plan. Iraq is an unwinnable situation and it was a mistake to go in. Saddam was in a moderate way(around 5K per bomber) funding palestine suicide bombers but so are many other people/governments(Saudi) and groups in the middle east. They do it because whatever you and I may think of Hamas or the PLO they are not seen as terrorists by most of the middle east and never will be. It will be impossible to kill all the anti-american insurgents in Iraq and we will lose many more or our men before we have to leave. What you and others cant seem to grasp is that when you kill one terrorist unless he is an only child you get one, or two, or three new ones. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of middle eastern men willing to lay down their lives to attack the USA. Killing them all just ain't an option. Ultimately a political solution to all this will have to be found and it will involve an America thats learns to be more considerate of other nations views. Teddy Roosevelt said 'walk softly but carry a big stick' I agree but what happened to the walk softly bit? America is a strong nation and will get stronger, it already spends more on defence than the next 12 nations put together so thats a big stick. In time the population of america will likely head towards 450m by the middle of the century and it will be probably the second most populous country behind only China. This is a powerful nation but unless it learns some patience and consideration then it will continue to pay a high price for its arrogance. I would prefer to live in an America that is safe but the policy of foreign aggression will just bring more violence back home and no amount of repressive legislation will ever stop it i know this from hard experience.

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 18th 2003, 5:16 pm
JeanDupont

Adamfdz - only a few little problems - Jaguar is owned by Ford (American)
Rolls Royce and Bentley are owned by the Germans, I seem to remeber Lotus is owned by a Korean gent and Harrods is owned by (is he Egyptian?) Mohammed Al Fayed

Well that leaves the expensive suits and the hand made shoes which most of us cannot (or will not) afford anyway.

What on earth is British these days? Also - what is American - someone told me some Jeep models are made in China now.

Old Nov 18th 2003, 5:51 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Since 911 the terrorist have not needed to do anything, the press and the US government have been the ones putting fear into people! The news is reported so badly over here, they do not tell the story they just give headlines with no substance - sensationalism without journalism.

Then you have the government implementing the stupid color coded warning which they change every 10 seconds to keep people frightened and the Patriot act which should keep all americans petrified as it dissolves every freedom they have.

The government has then systematically wrecked every relationship it has with any foreign power. This ideal that we are safe by being insular is retarded, then again so is the president so it all fits.

America has to wake up and see that the most dangerous man in the world (to the USA and every other country) is not Osama or Saddam but George Walker Bush - the most feared international terrorist of them all.

Patrick

I agree with most of what you say. I think that diplomatic solutions should always be the first option. Unfortunately, the U.N. tried this for twelve years, and they got nothing but grief from Saddam. http://www.state.gov/p/nea/rls/01fs/14906.htm

So, for TWELVE years and SEVENTEEN resolutions, the U.S. walked softly. Just "when" do you suggest the use of the "big stick"? Or is it there to be like tits on a boar, only for show?

I haven't seen any violence back home since we headed for the middle-east, but I sure saw plenty of it in 1993, and 2001, during the "walk softly" phase of the conflict.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 5:58 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Patrick
Since 911 the terrorist have not needed to do anything, the press and the US government have been the ones putting fear into people! The news is reported so badly over here, they do not tell the story they just give headlines with no substance - sensationalism without journalism.

Then you have the government implementing the stupid color coded warning which they change every 10 seconds to keep people frightened and the Patriot act which should keep all americans petrified as it dissolves every freedom they have.

The government has then systematically wrecked every relationship it has with any foreign power. This ideal that we are safe by being insular is retarded, then again so is the president so it all fits.

America has to wake up and see that the most dangerous man in the world (to the USA and every other country) is not Osama or Saddam but George Walker Bush - the most feared international terrorist of them all.

Patrick
Its all very Orwellian really.

Mostly yes your right but still wouldnt say he is a terrorist just a bad and dangerous leader.

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:01 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncs
Mostly yes your right but still wouldnt say he is a terrorist
He scares the ****ing crap out of me
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:05 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

I agree with most of what you say. I think that diplomatic solutions should always be the first option. Unfortunately, the U.N. tried this for twelve years, and they got nothing but grief from Saddam. http://www.state.gov/p/nea/rls/01fs/14906.htm

So, for TWELVE years and SEVENTEEN resolutions, the U.S. walked softly. Just "when" do you suggest the use of the "big stick"? Or is it there to be like tits on a boar, only for show?

I haven't seen any violence back home since we headed for the middle-east, but I sure saw plenty of it in 1993, and 2001, during the "walk softly" phase of the conflict.
Ohh ok so thats the way it works is it? as long as hundreds or possibly thousands of US citizens get killed in Uniform overseas thats ok as long as it doesnt affect 'back home'. That makes perfect sense. i admire your compassion for your fellow citizens in uniform.

I know this one is always controversial but perhaps if someone gave a little more thought to how to deal with Israel instead of writing cheques for all the guns and concrete they could ever want the US might get a better a reception in the middle east. Alternatively how about reducing dependence on oil and gas products and withdrawing the economic and strategic interest in the region all together? No lets just pass a pork filled energy bill instead and keep the good ole boys in profits for years to come whilst we all drive bigger and bigger trucks.

this could go on all day,

Polaris_x, out of interest why do you post on this site if you are not a brit?

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:10 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Originally posted by Patrick
He scares the ****ing crap out of me
Ashcroft scares me even more. Under Patriot legally he could imprison me at any moment on his say so, hold me indefinately and i would not even get to see a judge or lawyer let alone have a hearing. Thats ****ing scary! For alien residents this place is a ****ing police state now how the hell did that happen?

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:23 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

<<Ohh ok so thats the way it works is it? as long as hundreds or possibly thousands of US citizens get killed in Uniform overseas thats ok as long as it doesnt affect 'back home'. That makes perfect sense. i admire your compassion for your fellow citizens in uniform.>>

See, you're putting words into my mouth. I'm a veteran myself and served during the first half of this Gulf War. I hate to see anyone in uniform die, U.S. or anyone else.

<<I know this one is always controversial but perhaps if someone gave a little more thought to how to deal with Israel instead of writing cheques for all the guns and concrete they could ever want the US might get a better a reception in the middle east.>>

I agree 1000000000% I think protecting Israel is about as absurd as trying to mandate those in Harlem or South-Central Los Angeles to allow a KKK member to live there. I think it's a sham.

<<Alternatively how about reducing dependence on oil and gas products and withdrawing the economic and strategic interest in the region all together? No lets just pass a pork filled energy bill instead and keep the good ole boys in profits for years to come whilst we all drive bigger and bigger trucks.>>

It all boils down to those who have the money, not wanting to lose any money. We won't have an alternative fuel source until the very last drop of oil is pumped from the ground. Then, like magic, these companies will have a new source of energy.

<<Polaris_x, out of interest why do you post on this site if you are not a brit?>>

My wife is a Brit. Started off using the "Marriage Based Visas" board while going through the I-129F process.

-Eric
Fair enough and apologies if my sarcasm caused offence.

regards,

Duncan
Old Nov 18th 2003, 7:17 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JeanDupont
Adamfdz - only a few little problems - Jaguar is owned by Ford (American)
Rolls Royce and Bentley are owned by the Germans, I seem to remeber Lotus is owned by a Korean gent and Harrods is owned by (is he Egyptian?) Mohammed Al Fayed

Well that leaves the expensive suits and the hand made shoes which most of us cannot (or will not) afford anyway.

What on earth is British these days? Also - what is American - someone told me some Jeep models are made in China now.
Better not buy gas at Shell, or Arco and Amoco (owned by BP), use any of the countless prescription drugs developed by Glaxosmithkline or Astrazeneca, use Verizon wireless (50% owned by Vodafone) fly on aircraft powered by Rolls Royce engines, use JCB diggers, use financial services at any banks owned by HSBC or Barclays, buy Coldplay or Dido cds, watch any of the countless programs on TV developed in the UK, fly BA or Virgin atlantic, buy ICI paints, buy any drinks owned by Diageo, use advertising services from WPP...well you get the idea. As some sections of the economy don't do so well others flourish. Britain has plenty of world class companies and products...
Old Nov 18th 2003, 8:22 pm
JeanDupont

Diageo ? British - well, sort of......Quote from their web site:

"Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, wine and beer categories. These brands include: Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Cuervo, Tanqueray, and Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards wines.

Diageo is a global company, trading in over 180 markets around the world. The company is listed on both the London Stock Exchange (DGE) and the New York Stock Exchange (DEO). "

Astra? Swedish really......

Shell - you might mean Royal Dutch Shell?

HSBC - very British - Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation !
Known to us Expats in Hong Kong as the Honkers and Shankers.
Must be from Far Eastern Britain?
They did take over Midland Bank a few years ago - now that WAS British.

Some other good companies mentioned in the last reply though. It all goes to show how international these companies have become.

Last edited by JeanDupont; Nov 18th 2003 at 8:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.