Miami

Old Sep 21st 2003, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

pinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant future
Default Miami

Can anyone help me with a recommnedation where to stay in Miami? I need to be close to the Miami Childrens hospital as my nephew (aged 4 months) is in Intensive care and i might have to travel out to look after my 3 other neices & nephews. They were all on holiday in orlando and are currently staying in a room attached to the hospital.

Any info would be great!!

Thanks
Old Sep 21st 2003, 1:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miami

Originally posted by pinkyjack
..... I might have to travel out to look after my 3 other neices & nephews. .....
Sorry to hear that you nephew is seriously ill. I hope that he gets well soon.

This is not exactly what you asked, but DO NOT mention to immigration that you are, or maybe, coming to "look after" your neices and nephews, even if you include it with other activities. Once they hear that, they will probably ignore anything else you say and assume that you are coming to "work" (within their definition), and send you back to the UK.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:19 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

I asked my wife (originally from Miami) and she tells me that the area around the hospital is a residential area and can't think of any hotels within walking distance.
(But then again.. nothing is within walking distance in this country)
She says that your best bet is to find an airport hotel - the airport is only about a 20 minute drive from the hospital.

You are on the web - go to Expedia and do a search there.
If you don't have the time to do this - there is a desk at the airport who can book a room for you when you arrive.

Webbie.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

koenig is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Miami

Can anyone help me with a recommnedation where to stay in Miami? I need to be close to the Miami Childrens hospital as my nephew (aged 4 months) is in Intensive care and i might have to travel out to look after my 3 other neices & nephews. They were all on holiday in orlando and are currently staying in a room attached to the hospital.

Any info would be great!!

Thanks
Here is some info from the Hospital's FAQ section:

Q: What accommodations are available nearby for my family while my child is a patient at Miami Children's?
A: Following is a partial list of hotels/motels that are close to the hospital. For the additional convenience of families visiting Miami Children's, we have arranged special rates with those facilities marked with an asterisk.

The Biltmore Hotel*
1200 Anastasia Avenue
Coral Gables
(305) 445-1926

The Chateaubleau Inn*
1111 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables
(305) 448-2634

Club Double Tree Hotel*
1011 NW 57th Avenue
Miami
(305) 266-0000

Holiday Inn
1350 South Dixie Highway
Miami
(305) 667-5611

Homestead Village Guest Studios*
6605 NW 7th Street
Miami
(305) 260-0085

Hyatt Coral Gables*
50 Alhambra Place
Coral Gables
(305) 441-1234

Miami Airport Marriott
1201 NW Le Jeune Road
Miami Children's Hospital
(305) 649-5000

Limited accommodations are also available at the Devonshire Apartments, which are located just a few blocks away from Miami Children's Hospital. For more information on these apartments, please contact our Visitors' Service office by phone at (305) 663-8584 or by fax at (305) 668-5517.

Hope all goes well.

Koenig
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:00 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your nephew, luckly he's in a very good hospital.
Can you drive? Would you be able to hire a car?
I ask this because my mother-in-law lives about 45 mins drive from the hospital and I know she would put you up for no charge.

Email me or P/M me if your interested.

Hope it all works out for you.

Another idea, have you tried the
Ronald McDonald house? It's a charity group that specificaly helps people in your position. Well the parents of the sick children anyway. Give them a call they should be able to help out.
They are usually located near to the hospitals too.

Here is the link.
Ronald Mcdonald

And here are some details.
What they do

Last edited by excpomea; Oct 7th 2003 at 6:30 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

pinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant futurepinkyjack has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the info guys but Great news - The babys coming out this weekend and is fit to fly home so wont be needing to go over.

Thanks again
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:59 pm
Sad old Crinkly Member

excpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond reputeexcpomea has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info guys but Great news - The babys coming out this weekend and is fit to fly home so wont be needing to go over.

Thanks again

Great to hear Pinky.