Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Men writing Christmas Cards?

Wikiposts

Men writing Christmas Cards?

Old Nov 29th 2011, 11:01 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men writing Christmas Cards?

Of all the ones we send to family and friends, probably 80-90% are on Mrs tonrob's side so she does most of the organizing (choosing and buying cards, writing lists, tracking who we've received cards from that we weren't expecting etc.) I then get presented with the list and blank cards so I know who to write to (on my side), and get hounded mercilessly until this is done.

To be fair she simply cares a whole lot more about this than I do. This year we're sending ones that you slip a photo into the cover (this is our first year with Sproutlet). I enjoy photography, so she described the kind of photo she wanted (background, pose etc.) and I set up a shoot. I then left her with half a dozen viable shots (that she's still agonizing over) and she also picked the styles of card.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:48 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason I bother to send cards to my side of the family, is because I know they'll be pissed off if I don't. If I thought they wouldn't care, you can be sure I wouldn't bother.

Isn't that the spirit of Christmas?
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
The only reason I bother to send cards to my side of the family, is because I know they'll be pissed off if I don't. If I thought they wouldn't care, you can be sure I wouldn't bother.

Isn't that the spirit of Christmas?
It seems that women are the main ones keeping up all this palaver.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:54 am
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Then they need to stop it at once.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 2:58 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Other than when we used to exchange cards on the last day of winter term in school I don't really write Christmas cards. Just one more thing to forget to do, so I don't bother

We might include a card for my parents and sister in the box of presents we send out, but that'd be about it, and usually my wife will write it and I will sign, because my writing is largely illegible!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:01 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It seems so, I'm the mug doing it all here and all Dh does is add more people to my list

Then they need to stop it at once.
Yes it does, that means no on his side gets any cards though, I think his Dad and sister will be a bit miffed at me for not sending them.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Lola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really niceLola-Monmouth is just really nice

Arrrgggh! Christmas cards! I have to buy Christmas cards
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lola-Monmouth
Arrrgggh! Christmas cards! I have to buy Christmas cards
I call upon the women of the world to stop writing cards.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:07 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why anyone would be bothered if we stopped sending them - Christmas cards are only good to get if there's money inside them. Everyone knows that
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The whole thing is stupid really, it would be so much better to send the money to Dakota's orphanage.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Just off now to the Post Office to send all the cards off. Husband arrived home last night just in time to write his mother's card and for his absence I made him also parcel up a package to his family that I had already lovingly wrapped. I picked Lego (not 'legos' - it drives me up the wall to hear it call that over here. Lego is singular and plural as far as I am concerned, like 'sheep') to send to the kiddies as it's cheaper over here and light on the scales.

to all of you who do write your own cards. I shall keep a list this year of who bothered to send us one from his side, and ruthlessly cull those who don't from next year's mailing.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:28 am
Life goes on.

The whole thing is stupid really, it would be so much better to send the money to Dakota's orphanage.
"Dakota's orphanage" - I have a picture of him as Fagin.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:56 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 30th 2011, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Karen68
Do any married men write their own Christmas (or birthday for that matter) cards?
Yes.

If he can't be arsed to do it why should you ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.