Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Men writing Christmas Cards?

Men writing Christmas Cards?

Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice
Default Men writing Christmas Cards?

Do any married men write their own Christmas (or birthday for that matter) cards? I don't remember the 'love, honour, cherish, etc., part of the wedding vows including anything about me taking over responsibility sending greetings cards to his relatives. However, for the last 20 years, the only way any of his family have got a card is if I sorted it out. Tonight, while OH is out for a work dinner, I will be writing cards to post back home to his relatives as well as mine - and he has about 3 times as many as I do

Trouble is that I am too nice I suppose, although we both forgot his mother's recent birthday and that cost us a fortune sending her flowers to make up for it!
Old Nov 29th 2011, 9:52 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Men writing Christmas Cards?

Originally Posted by Karen68
Do any married men write their own Christmas (or birthday for that matter) cards? I don't remember the 'love, honour, cherish, etc., part of the wedding vows including anything about me taking over responsibility sending greetings cards to his relatives. However, for the last 20 years, the only way any of his family have got a card is if I sorted it out. Tonight, while OH is out for a work dinner, I will be writing cards to post back home to his relatives as well as mine - and he has about 3 times as many as I do

Trouble is that I am too nice I suppose, although we both forgot his mother's recent birthday and that cost us a fortune sending her flowers to make up for it!
I write all the ones to my side of the family, my wife does the rest.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:03 pm
Frequent Flyer

Carolina Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Karen but I only put my cross on the bottom of anything my lovely wife has written.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:04 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

We just have a tradition of not sending any.

DH did try to send cards to his brother and niece in the UK for birthdays in October. Accidentally put on 88 cents postage instead of 98 cents. Mailed the same day. One got returned, the other didn't.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Usually I send to our increasing shrinking family. This year being my first with DH I asked who in his family I should send to and he said he hasn't sent cards in years. A quick shout on facebook bought in names and addresses so this year they will be receiving cards courtesy of yours truly.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:21 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

OH writes to his family, old friends, some of the mutual friends, and business clients; I write to my family, old friends, some of the mutual friends, and business clients. However, if I didn't remember to buy the cards, we'd be in a lot of trouble.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

I do the writing and sending to both parts of the family and friends. If it was left up to DH no-one would get any. He is "good" about reminding me to send to various people. A lot of the UK lot don't put return addresses on the envelopes, so I have to ask FIL (keeper of all family addresses) for some of them.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:23 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer
I write all the ones to my side of the family, my wife does the rest.
ditto with us.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:15 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Himself writes my birthday card if he remembers to buy me one, apart from that it's my job to do cards and gifts
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:18 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he doesn't want to send them any?

Anyway, I write cards to my friends/family and sign the cards the missus writes to her family, usually.

Gets bloody expensive with international postage these days and hardly ever get any returned, so really thinking of not bother for the most part this year.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
hardly ever get any returned
only the people I decided not to send to
Old Nov 30th 2011, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I write the cards and organize the present sending.
I have everyone's address on the computer all ready to print off labels and just stick them on the envelopes.
Got my UK ones sorted out early so my Mum could take them back and post them for me
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

We don't tend to bother for Christmas, and only send for other occasions if they're not getting a pressie. But it tends to be me that writes them, not wifey.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 8:55 am
Lump Of Coal

GetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really niceGetOutOfBlighty is just really nice

My wife writes on one side of the card, I write on the other. Although she does address them all...

We do that for all of our cards. (Christmas, Birthday, Etc, Etc.)
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:43 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

My wife does them all, even birthday and Christmas presents for the folks back in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.