Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Memphis in May

Memphis in May

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:43 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Memphis in May

Me and him love all aspects of grilled grub, and have seen many progs on the telly about the good natured bbq-ing wars between various states.

We've decided to go to one of the grilling competitions and have chosen to do the Memphis one. Has anyone here been to it and would care to comment?

If anyone would like to meet up with us there, that would be just peachy.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 1:37 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Memphis in May

Originally Posted by mozoo
Me and him love all aspects of grilled grub, and have seen many progs on the telly about the good natured bbq-ing wars between various states.

We've decided to go to one of the grilling competitions and have chosen to do the Memphis one. Has anyone here been to it and would care to comment?

If anyone would like to meet up with us there, that would be just peachy.
Even though I live in Memphis I have never been to the bbq championships. Was going last year until events happened that meant we couldn't go. It's a pretty big event with lots of people from all over the world. THere are even some British teams IIRC. The whole Memphis in May event is pretty big and doesn't just cover the BBQ. I think I posted a link to it in the BE Wiki City guide.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Memphis in May

If you are going to go to any bbq cookoff, make it the World Championship in Lynchburg, Tennessee. It's held every October usually over 3 days and attracts people from all over the world.

I've not been to the Memphis one. For BBQ I actually prefer Texas although my husband does a mean brisket .