British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Mega Millions Lottery (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/mega-millions-lottery-753150/)

N1cky Mar 29th 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Mega Millions Lottery

Originally Posted by SarahG (Post 9978897)
Jackpot is now $540 Million! :eek: I think at least 50 people should win it as it is far too much money for one person to handle!

Just watch me;)

SarahG Mar 29th 2012 4:43 pm

If one person does win it then I think they will have a lot of fun doing their tax return next year! :rofl:

markwm Mar 29th 2012 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by SarahG (Post 9978897)
Jackpot is now $540 Million! :eek: I think at least 50 people should win it as it is far too much money for one person to handle!

Speak for yourself! I know exactly what I'd do with it!

lansbury Mar 29th 2012 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9978811)
I was going to buy tickets a couple of days ago, but wondered if you had to be a citizen to claim, are residents allowed?

Don't worry just buy a ticket and if you win I'll collect the money and send it Western Union to you. :thumbup:

SarahG Mar 29th 2012 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by markwm (Post 9978940)
Speak for yourself! I know exactly what I'd do with it!

I have a pretty good idea what I'd do with it too!
One idea is get a new bag, some shoes and then pay 'E!' to NEVER show another Kim Kardashian show on television ever again! :lol:

N1cky Mar 29th 2012 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 9978984)
Don't worry just buy a ticket and if you win I'll collect the money and send it Western Union to you. :thumbup:

Proof that anyone who goes into politics is corrupt:p

Hawkini Mar 29th 2012 7:27 pm

I've already got a very enthusiastic syndicate at work sorted out - $50 worth of tickets - let's see if we get our money back!

SultanOfSwing Mar 29th 2012 7:36 pm

I hate to break it to you but we're going to be winning that dosh :p

Then off we shall bugger, and I'll have a gigantic V-sign statue put up outside this bloody building as well :D

N1cky Mar 29th 2012 7:42 pm

Just seen this on the local news. A woman won $1m in Jan and bought a ticket that won $290k in the same store last week. Apparantly she managed to hand the ticket over to some guy while giving him a $100 handout, so it's in dispute who owns the ticket now...

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-...lottery-ticket

janicedean164 Mar 29th 2012 8:53 pm

We did $5 the other day & got a whole 1 number on 1 line, well count us in for another $5, it would be rude not to, lol!

Yorkieabroad Mar 29th 2012 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 9978984)

Ah, so you'll be one of the Lagos Lansbury's eh ? ;)

joto Mar 29th 2012 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9978811)
I was going to buy tickets a couple of days ago, but wondered if you had to be a citizen to claim, are residents allowed?

I think so, but then all your family, friends and most of the Nigerian scammers will know who got the money. :ohmy::rofl:

Poppy girl Mar 29th 2012 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by SarahG (Post 9978903)
If one person does win it then I think they will have a lot of fun doing their tax return next year! :rofl:

How much would the tax be on that kinda win anyway!!

N1cky Mar 29th 2012 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 9979466)
How much would the tax be on that kinda win anyway!!

and if I win will I be better of claiming in Oregan than California, or does it depend where you bought the ticket?

Poppy girl Mar 29th 2012 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9979474)
and if I win will I be better of claiming in Oregan than California, or does it depend where you bought the ticket?

And if you win get in the car drive up the road pick me up and lets go to Oregon together :lol: