British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Mega Millions Lottery (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/mega-millions-lottery-753150/)

SarahG Mar 29th 2012 12:43 pm

Mega Millions Lottery

Who fancies their chances at winning $500,000,000 in the MegaMillions draw then?

I'll probably get $5 worth of tickets. Even though I am not expecting to win, the odds do increase when you actually buy a ticket! :lol: :fingerscrossed:

nethead Mar 29th 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Mega Millions Lottery

Originally Posted by SarahG (Post 9978534)
Who fancies their chances at winning $500,000,000 in the MegaMillions draw then?

I'll probably get $5 worth of tickets. Even though I am not expecting to win, the odds do increase when you actually buy a ticket! :lol: :fingerscrossed:

Yup we'll buy about $5 worth too. It's worth a try at least :)

Southy_SWFC Mar 29th 2012 1:30 pm

Thats just an obscene amount to win.

Count me in for 10$ worth of tickets

Guindalf Mar 29th 2012 1:53 pm

You wouldn't catch ME falling for that.. I'm in this queue for cigarettes, yes, that's it!!!

joto Mar 29th 2012 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Guindalf (Post 9978665)
You wouldn't catch ME falling for that.. I'm in this queue for cigarettes, yes, that's it!!!

Are you sure that's all? ;)

markwm Mar 29th 2012 2:49 pm

Four of us bought 40 tickets. That's $10 I'll never see again... :)

ChocolateBabz Mar 29th 2012 2:54 pm

Can someone tell me where/how to play - used to do UK lottery but have never done it over here - don't want to look like a noob!!

And may the odds be forever in your favour....

Southy_SWFC Mar 29th 2012 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 9978743)
Can someone tell me where/how to play - used to do UK lottery but have never done it over here - don't want to look like a noob!!

Go to a gas station and ask for easy picks on that lottery.

Orangepants Mar 29th 2012 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz (Post 9978743)

Most gas stations or grocery stores sell tickets. If you haven't specific numbers that you want to choose, just say $5 on Megamilions Quickpicks for 5 lines of numbers, the machine will choose the 5 numbers and the megaball for each line, then they may ask if you want to play the megaplier which is 2, 3 or 4 which is another $1 per line which multiplies whatever you may win (not if you win the jackpot though).

Good luck everyone! :thumbsup:

N1cky Mar 29th 2012 3:39 pm

I was going to buy tickets a couple of days ago, but wondered if you had to be a citizen to claim, are residents allowed?

Guindalf Mar 29th 2012 3:43 pm

Any legal resident is allowed. In fact, I think you can buy tickets if you're a visitor, as long as it's all above board!

Just don't try to leave the country with half a billion dollars!

Orangepants Mar 29th 2012 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by N1cky (Post 9978811)
I was going to buy tickets a couple of days ago, but wondered if you had to be a citizen to claim, are residents allowed?

Anyone over 18 - I remember reading about an illegal immigrant from Guatemala in Houston a few weeks ago who was allowed to claim his $750k.

Tarkak9 Mar 29th 2012 3:49 pm

... "What would you do if you won?" - Run for President. :D

the odds are what now, 175M:1 ?!?!

SarahG Mar 29th 2012 4:40 pm

Jackpot is now $540 Million! :eek: I think at least 50 people should win it as it is far too much money for one person to handle!

N1cky Mar 29th 2012 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Guindalf (Post 9978814)
Any legal resident is allowed. In fact, I think you can buy tickets if you're a visitor, as long as it's all above board!

Just don't try to leave the country with half a billion dollars!

Originally Posted by Orangepants (Post 9978821)
Anyone over 18 - I remember reading about an illegal immigrant from Guatemala in Houston a few weeks ago who was allowed to claim his $750k.

Thanks

I seem to remember seeing something on the news last year about Canadians coming across to buy tickets:unsure: