Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Old May 4th 2010, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Jengreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Treatment U.S insurance, bills urgent!!

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
Yes it would be none emergency treatment hence maybe a problem with insurance
I work in a Level 1 trauma center in Boston. I work with Insurance and international patients every day and get the neccessary authorisations for surgery. You would not be able to come here and have elective surgery done without weeks of preparation through any hospitals International office. This would be done before any surgery would be agreed and a deposit which would equal the proposed cost of the surgery would be required prior to anything happening. If you were to present at an ED sort of accidentally for this procedure, unless it was a life threatening emegency, it would not be done. No travel insurance company is going to cover you for an elective procedure btw... travel insurance is for emergencies while you are abroad.
Old May 4th 2010, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
No no no no I don't know if the UK INSURANCE POLICY would cover work done in the USA so for the third time of asking CAN I GET AN INSURANCE POLICY FROM A U.S INSURANCE FIRM TO COVER WHATEVER WORK I MAY NEED DOING? after seeing a doctor and getting a surgery booked.

Sorry for the capital letters and any attitude.
You would not be eligible to have US Health Insurance...As an individual paying for a policy it would be HUGE.... feel like you are definately trying to do this the wrong way. Why dont you approach the hospital you are interested in having this procedure done in. They will work with you to tell you the approximate cost of the surgery, they will include nursing and anesthesiology costs and room rates, not to mention surgeon costs. if you decide you can afford it then you can go ahead and have it done. Hospitals here see patients from all over the world and are very used to dealing with International patients....you are delusional if you think you can do this any other way......
Old May 4th 2010, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
Bowenja,

You are clearly in need of urgent medical attention and I am a world leading surgeon who can attend to your needs here is the UK rather than risking the inferior medical system of the US.

Helpfully my wife is a nurse and my brother is an undertaker.

Now, what would you like done?
this is the best laugh all day.....we are all enjoying it here in Pedi Neurosurgery at Mass General.....
Old May 4th 2010, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light

I wasn't going to reply, but I just couldn't help myself, this is too much fun to not be involved!

Anyway would love to post more, but I need to get to the bookies, got a hunch I can pick the winner of the 2009 Epsom Derby!
Old May 4th 2010, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by srefre
I wasn't going to reply, but I just couldn't help myself, this is too much fun to not be involved!

Anyway would love to post more, but I need to get to the bookies, got a hunch I can pick the winner of the 2009 Epsom Derby!
Old May 4th 2010, 9:48 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of burning my own house down. First I need to get home insurance. Do I need to declare that I'll be the one burning it down?

If I don't get home insurance before I burn it down, can I con a builder to rebuild it, get the insurance and then tell the home insurer they need to pay me so I can pay the builder.

I was also thinking about taking out insurance on an Oil Rig I used to own in the Gulf coast. It's sunk now but I want to make sure I can pay any claims against me in case some oil get's in a sun bathers eyes or worse. Do I go to Lloyds of London or is it cheaper to get it in the USA under the government funded cash-for-riggers insurance program?
Old May 4th 2010, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
I was thinking of burning my own house down. First I need to get home insurance. Do I need to declare that I'll be the one burning it down?

If I don't get home insurance before I burn it down, can I con a builder to rebuild it, get the insurance and then tell the home insurer they need to pay me so I can pay the builder.

I was also thinking about taking out insurance on an Oil Rig I used to own in the Gulf coast. It's sunk now but I want to make sure I can pay any claims against me in case some oil get's in a sun bathers eyes or worse. Do I go to Lloyds of London or is it cheaper to get it in the USA under the government funded cash-for-riggers insurance program?
Go to [email protected], tell them you want to see a man about a dog, they will you help you out with some shady insurance.

Good luck.

Frank R.
Old May 6th 2010, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really nice

what makes you think the doctors here in the usa are better? risky operations for example a simulataneous pancreas/kidney transplant have a high success in the uk, in the usa they have a bad mortality rate. Like everyone else has said why dont you just get it done on the NHS or private its still going to be cheaper.
Old May 6th 2010, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I've missed the post but I have to ask. Why do you want to have surgery in the US? Have all the hospitals in the UK closed? Have all the Doctors in Europe gone on strike?
Old May 6th 2010, 6:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
Maybe I've missed the post but I have to ask. Why do you want to have surgery in the US? Have all the hospitals in the UK closed? Have all the Doctors in Europe gone on strike?
America has the BEST healthcare in the world.

John McCain said so, it must be true.
Old May 6th 2010, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
America has the BEST healthcare in the world.

John McCain said so, it must be true.
Fox news and CNN said the same thing... it really must be true
Old May 6th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

best comedy value on the tv. Fox news...My In laws think it is cutting edge news reporting.... :
Old May 6th 2010, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really niceTonyuk is just really nice

let us not forgot these are the idiots they claiming the nhs are as they worded it "evil". So far around here when i take the kids to the doctors here in louisiana i sometimes wait over an hour to be seen, in essex, uk i never wait longer than 15mins. Some customer came into the bank here last week and asked me if its true in the uk we have to wait weeks for our apointments. How do they convince the us public these accusations are true, or is it sheer jealousy we know how to make a government run health system thats non profit and covers anyone. Being gullible must really suck
Old May 6th 2010, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyuk
let us not forgot these are the idiots they claiming the nhs are as they worded it "evil". So far around here when i take the kids to the doctors here in louisiana i sometimes wait over an hour to be seen, in essex, uk i never wait longer than 15mins. Some customer came into the bank here last week and asked me if its true in the uk we have to wait weeks for our apointments. How do they convince the us public these accusations are true, or is it sheer jealousy we know how to make a government run health system thats non profit and covers anyone. Being gullible must really suck
I worked in the UK for two months last year and ended up going to see a doctor the first week I was there. They saw me the day I called for an appointment, even though I wasn't a registered patient at that surgery. I was actually kind of surprised after having been subjected to a constant stream of anti "socialized healthcare" propaganda here.
Old May 6th 2010, 7:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
He was hoping to get elective surgery in the US paid for by his travel insurance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.