Reload this Page >

Medical Records

Medical Records

Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

samjwood will become famous soon enoughsamjwood will become famous soon enough
Default Medical Records

Hi all

A quick question, moving to New Jersey a week today and I'm trying to obtain a copy of our medical records.

Did anyone get a copy of their records for health insurance purposes? If you are an adult did you need full records (from birth) or just the past say 5 years? Were you required to supply these for medical insurance purposes?

I have requested a copy for my son (8) but it seems very expensive to get full copies for both myself and husband. (The docs want to charge £40 for just an excerpt!)

Any help is much appreciated.

Sam
(stressed from Liverpool)
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:51 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Records

if you are in the UK , then anything that is held on computer they can charge a maximum of 10 UKP for.
Written records is a max of 50 UKP.

when we moved to canada i paid 50 UKP each for mine and husbands , they are currently sat unused in a safety deposit box.

My advice would be get anything pertaining to any current conditions/meds and any vaccination records for children . otherwise don't bother
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have an extensive medical history then don't bother. As long as you can get an immunization history and know roughly what has happened to you in your life then you should be fine. If you have a chronic condition or something similar that has needed long term care, testing and treatment then it's probably wise to get the whole record so your new doctors can see the history.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:46 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Ours were free and just covered immunisation records and what the doctor refered to as "anything significant" over the past 5 years. For my daughter, the medical insurance people at the Capita health check just took a photocopy of her red book.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I got a copy of all of ours, but the girl at the doctors office said that she'd only printed any relevant stuff that may be used at a later date, thankfully we've never had any major things like asthma etc. So far I've not used them either, neither for health insurance or for my last visit to the doctor so I suppose I spent the money for nothing But what everyone else has said about the immunisation records is an absolute must, you'll need it if you have kids in school, and try and relax, it'll all fall in to place, good luck with the move
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Infowarrior will become famous soon enough

Are you saying that you do not necessarily need to provide medical records from the UK in order to get health insurance in the USA? I have no real medical history worth mentioning so am wondering if I don't need to bother.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

We got copies of all of ours - including our childhood immunisations which were on paper copies at the doctors. If you go for a green card you will need proof of what injections you have had - or you will have to pay to have them all again. They are very strict with us on the Immigration immunisations, and if you dont have proof - you have to have it again, or you wont pass the medical !
Old Mar 21st 2011, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Infowarrior will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by katybluewater
We got copies of all of ours - including our childhood immunisations which were on paper copies at the doctors. If you go for a green card you will need proof of what injections you have had - or you will have to pay to have them all again. They are very strict with us on the Immigration immunisations, and if you dont have proof - you have to have it again, or you wont pass the medical !
Yep, I've done all that and my temporary green card passport thing and brown envelope arrived last week. I'm wondering about what is involved in getting medical insurance when I move to CA.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Infowarrior
Are you saying that you do not necessarily need to provide medical records from the UK in order to get health insurance in the USA?
Yes, especially if you are getting it via an employer.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Infowarrior
Are you saying that you do not necessarily need to provide medical records from the UK in order to get health insurance in the USA? I have no real medical history worth mentioning so am wondering if I don't need to bother.
I didn't need to provide any medical records for my health insurance which is private for me and my girls and neither did my OH for his insurance which is through his work, so I wouldn't really worry about it tbh
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just get vaccination records...but, what about getting a relative to pick up a copy of your records?

My old doctors charged me a tenner I think for them but wanted £25 to post them to the US, so got my mother to pick them up and send them after I faxed a letter giving her permission. I only did it because I've got a wedge of work done on my ankles as they're rubbish.

If you've got nothing interesting, or even if you do but aren't bothered by it, don't bother. Makes no difference over here.

Plus medical insurance should spring for a titre test if they want to know what vaccinations you're covered for.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katybluewater
Or you get a titre test to show what you're covered for and you're sorted. Get it done in the UK if you can, or if insurance pays for it in the US, can run a couple hundred other wise, but that's still cheaper than getting jabbed for everything.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:11 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i had photocopies of my first set of materbity notes and my OBGYN here couldnt have cared less - they wanted me to verbally tell her the details afresh and then transcribe it into their own style notes.

I did bring the vaccination records for the whole family though. Only the kids were much use as they were in the official red books. Mine and hubbies were not so much use as i just asked for a printout and it had no headed paper or doctors stamp so the green card medical people mainly ignored it. They were happy to take note of my accient handwritten vaccination records from the 70's though lol.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

AmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MsElui
i had photocopies of my first set of materbity notes and my OBGYN here couldnt have cared less - they wanted me to verbally tell her the details afresh and then transcribe it into their own style notes.

I did bring the vaccination records for the whole family though. Only the kids were much use as they were in the official red books. Mine and hubbies were not so much use as i just asked for a printout and it had no headed paper or doctors stamp so the green card medical people mainly ignored it. They were happy to take note of my accient handwritten vaccination records from the 70's though lol.
Hope your not too stressed Sam !

Got my kids vaccination records yesterday from the doctors.

He stamped them and signed them although I have had a nightmare time trying to get hold of the pediatric Hep B vaccine seems to be a manufacturing issue!

Luckily as he is 11yrs old he can get the adult dose
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

samjwood will become famous soon enoughsamjwood will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all your replies folks.

We've decided to just get son's records for school etc.

Amanda, just waiting for our boxes to be picked up on Thursday then I'll feel a bit better. We are currently staying at my sister's house as tenants moved into our house last Tuesday. So it's a bit difficult as all our boxes are in the house as well as the cases we are taking on the plane with us.

We are having a party on Saturday with family and friends so that is stressing me out a bit. I'm also thinking I've forgotten something important.

We fly on Monday so if it's not done by then it's tough!!

How is your packing/moving/sorting/leaving going?!

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.