Reload this Page >

Medical Records

Medical Records

Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

bostonbound will become famous soon enough
Default Medical Records

Hi

I just wondered what you all did about your medical records? Did you take them with you or did the surgery forward them on to the States?

I asked the receptionist at my surgery and she said they had no idea but I could try phoning the doctor on Monday!!

Obviously I will do that but I just thought I'd ask what everyone here did in the meantime.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Records

Originally Posted by bostonbound
I just wondered what you all did about your medical records? Did you take them with you or did the surgery forward them on to the States?
I asked for a photocopy of everything in my medical file, and brought it with me. Cost me a nominal fee for the copies, but well worth it.

Ian
Old Jan 16th 2010, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

UK medical records belong to the local primary care trust.

You are entitled to access and copy of your own medical record for a fee. I cant remember the maxiumum fee that a GP can charge - I think that it's in the vicinity of £35-50 for access/to be processed, plus a fee per page printed/copied.

Many GPs wont charge. Most GP practices have a simple 3 page summary print-out of the computer records which they do for little to no charge.

Your original medical records will be returned to the Primary Care Trust who will place them in storage.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:08 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Many GPs wont charge. Most GP practices have a simple 3 page summary print-out of the computer records which they do for little to no charge.
That's exactly what we got and free too
Old Jan 16th 2010, 8:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

My old doctors said they'd do it free, but would charge £25 to mail it out to me or mail it direct to my new doctors if I faxed them a filled in form, data protection thingy and something to say I give permission for them to send the info to my new doctor.

Bargain really as the package of info was huge and it wasn't like I was going to head back to England to go pick it up
Old Jan 16th 2010, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

bostonbound will become famous soon enough

Thank you.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 10:43 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I asked for a photocopy of everything in my medical file, and brought it with me. Cost me a nominal fee for the copies, but well worth it.

Ian
I got a complete copy of everything and they didn't charge me.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 7:30 pm
BritChickUS

kwilson will become famous soon enoughkwilson will become famous soon enough

Do make sure that you have proper copies of inoculation certificates though. You will need them!