Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

medical for interview.

medical for interview.

Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical for interview.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Daughter didn't have one either...don't know about hubby.
Just asked him....no medical for his L1 either.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:25 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just asked him....no medical for his L1 either.
Of course not ...you was not immigrating ....
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bethel
It's the 'sexual deviance' test you have to watch out for

My medical ( which was 12 years ago) was almost nothing at all. Blood test, blood pressure, listened to my chest, asked me to walk in a straight line and touch my nose with my finger (maybe that was the sexual deviance test !)
Sound like Doctor Phelans office ..
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course not ...you was not immigrating ....
Lots of people have said they'd medicals for their visas...not just this thread but in previous ones.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:29 am
Ray

Lots of people have said they'd medicals for their visas...not just this thread but in previous ones.
depends on the visa ....

Obviously K-1 do
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
depends on the visa ....

Obviously K-1 do
Think I remember Englishmum saying she did...her hubby is L1.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:33 am
Ray

Just the facts mam ..just the facts....
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
Just the facts mam ..just the facts....
Aye...it's all a mystery to me.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:36 am
Ray

Aye...it's all a mystery to me.
So you never had any type of Immigration medical
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ray
So you never had any type of Immigration medical
None of us did for our visa...only for the GC about 12mths after we'd been here.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 2:41 am
Ray

None of us did for our visa...only for the GC about 12mths after we'd been here.
Well thats correct ....

The OP is going for a CR1 their children are sponsoring them in
Old Mar 7th 2007, 3:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

her medical was for the greencard though, not the actual visa.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 5:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
her medical was for the greencard though, not the actual visa.
I remember her thread on the GC medical...I thought EM wrote something about a medical in London some time before that. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with someone else.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 11:44 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I remember her thread on the GC medical...I thought EM wrote something about a medical in London some time before that. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with someone else.
Had to drop my drawers and prove I was the sex I stated in the application (it was very cold that day), blood tests (HIV), TB test (which I stated would be a waste of time due to my TB Vaccination) which ended up progressing to a chest X-ray.

Then a round of vaccinations.

Last edited by rincewind; Mar 7th 2007 at 11:46 pm. Reason: Lazy spelling
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:10 pm
redneck scouser

andie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond reputeandie&jase has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Linda,

There's nothing too much to worry about, if you're prepared.

I had my medical examination in October '06 in London for my K3 visa. It was the last appointment of the day so I wasn't in there long as everyone wanted to get home.

I took all my paperwork and vaccination book etc, I booked in at reception, and they gave me a form to fill in while I waited in the side room. I was called in about 20 minutes later to see the doctor. She was really nice and we went through all my paperwork and got me to sign it. She asked me some general health questions then asked me to get undressed behind the screen and put a hospital gown on.

She then weighed me, took my height, blood, eye test and did a general health check, then as she was checking my breathing with the stethoscope she whipped the front of my gown down and had a quick grope of my boobs!! I really wasn't expecting this and was really shocked as there was no prior warning, but I just carried on with what she was asking me to do. So I then lay down on the bed and she asked me to lift my legs up one by one, then she felt my tummy.......then whipped my gown up again, grabbed my knickers and had a look to see what was down there!! I was mortified!

So after that lovely experience, I was asked to wait next door in another waiting room, after 5 minutes I was called through to get my chest x-ray done. This took 10 minutes, I got dressed then went to pay the medical fee, then left.

The whole thing wasn't a bad experience, I think it could have been handled better by warning me exactly what they were going to do. But as I said, as it was the last appointment of the day they just rushed me through, it was just a little abrupt for my liking.

Maybe your experience will be different on the day, but I hope that I have helped you prepare for it just in case!!

Good luck and best wishes!
Andie

Originally Posted by linda and nick
Hi to all,
Hope I'm posting this thread in the correct place.
Just got our interview date - OMG, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time
In the pack sent from the embassy we are told to make an appointment for our medical and it lists the things that will be examined. It certainly doesn't leave anything to the imagination
What experiences have any others had. Will we come out of it with our dignity intact or will it be just like a cattle market?
Any answers will be gratefully received. I'm sure Ray will have something to say

Many thanks,
Linda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.