Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

marriage in the us

marriage in the us

Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:51 am
Just Joined

michele31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default marriage in the us

im going to the us to get married, but plan on coming bk to the uk after the wedding then applying for a spouce visa, wot visa do i need to get married there?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: marriage in the us

Are you eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)? If so, you don't need a visa to marry in the US.

If not, a B2 Visitor Visa should do the trick.

Regards,
James
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michele31
im going to the us to get married, but plan on coming bk to the uk after the wedding then applying for a spouce visa, wot visa do i need to get married there?
You don't need a visa if you're eligible to use the VWP. You can just come to the US and get married.

Ian
Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

As already said you dont need a visa but you will need a licence, its easy to get and you normally (i think depending on the state) have to get it 24 hours before you get married. (I guess the aim is to avoid drunken spur of the moment weddings , as if that would ever happen ;-)

We got married in New York collected the licence from city hall 2 days before and then got married.

Not sure on the detail for other states but make sure you read up on it
Old Mar 6th 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light

Is there an echo in here?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

thank u, the wedding will be in north carolina, im marrying a american citizen, is the lience rules still the same?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

tilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud oftilz has much to be proud of

Try this http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/uni...orth_carolina/

I cant confirm the accuracy but if you google it you will get some answers
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:39 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

thank u, the wedding will be in north carolina, im marrying a american citizen, is the lience rules still the same?
Every state has its own rules. Presumably your husband-to-be lives in NC, so he should check what the local requirements are. Congratulations!
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:39 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=north+carolina+marriage+license
Old Mar 6th 2012, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you are in luck - no waiting period for the license - wonder if they have a drive thru window at the office ...
Old Mar 6th 2012, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Quality Somehow I get the feeling that search engines aren't a strong point for OP
Old Mar 6th 2012, 5:45 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I would show plenty of ties to immigration showing you'll be coming back to the UK.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

thank u
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I would show plenty of ties to immigration showing you'll be coming back to the UK.
What he said!

I am not sure I would be telling INS that I was coming to the US to a marry a US citizen and then plan on returning to the UK.

Is there a reason you need to get married now, it maybe better for you to get a K1 and then come to the US to married and to stay.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

no not really, my fiance en i arent getting married till next year, im just trying to find out as much about it as i can, i have two kids en thoght it would be easier doing it that way, i really dont know much at the moment, i have just starting looking into it, so any helpfull information would be really apprieated

Last edited by michele31; Mar 6th 2012 at 9:59 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.