Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Marks and Spencer ship to USA for 20 quid

Marks and Spencer ship to USA for 20 quid

Old Aug 6th 2009, 12:19 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold
Default Marks and Spencer ship to USA for 20 quid

My wife told me last night that M&S Ship to the USA for a flat free of 20 quid. To test it out, I went online, created a basket of 5 pairs of shoes, a jacket and some shirts... it came to 300 quid and the shipping on the order (I did not place) was just 20 quid to my home here in Atlanta.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:44 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marks and Spencer ship to USA for 20 quid

Originally Posted by franc111s
My wife told me last night that M&S Ship to the USA for a flat free of 20 quid. To test it out, I went online, created a basket of 5 pairs of shoes, a jacket and some shirts... it came to 300 quid and the shipping on the order (I did not place) was just 20 quid to my home here in Atlanta.
obviously Jersey has not seen this thread yet lol
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So there'll suddenly be a mass flight of skivvies and bra's heading over the atlantic any day is what your saying then?
Old Aug 6th 2009, 1:48 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So there'll suddenly be a mass flight of skivvies and bra's heading over the atlantic any day is what your saying then?
something like that, she loves her M&S
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:13 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I was bra shopping on there too, not that I want to spend £20 on shipping for a few bras.
They had a free international shipping special going last Spring for a very limited time.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does everyone love M&S? I could understand it if we were living in a third world country and getting things locally was tricky....but surely here you are spoiled for choice, and prices are cheaper anyway? What am I missing?
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
Why does everyone love M&S? I could understand it if we were living in a third world country and getting things locally was tricky....but surely here you are spoiled for choice, and prices are cheaper anyway? What am I missing?
I'm with you on that, I've found that their quality has not been great in recent years, but I guess people like what they know.

There's certainly no shortage of undies shops here!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
obviously Jersey has not seen this thread yet lol
I stock up with M&S stuff when I go back to the UK. I'm not too keen on shopping online unless I know exactly what I'm getting. Too much bother to send the stuff back otherwise...especially if it's to the UK.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond reputecaleyjag has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about importing suits and shoes?

I want Chicken Tikka sandwiches (fresh), pork pies and M&S spare ribs. A couple of bars of swiss chocolate wouldn't go amiss either.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:16 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by caleyjag

I want Chicken Tikka sandwiches (fresh), pork pies and M&S spare ribs. A couple of bars of swiss chocolate wouldn't go amiss either.
Ahh and a prawn cocktail sanni, pork pies, ready made meals (fresh) and all that jazz...
Old Aug 7th 2009, 11:46 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I find quality here to be absolutely crap. I keep putting a thumb through the lace when I pull my knickers up (maybe too much info there)
Old Aug 8th 2009, 2:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
... (maybe too much info there)
yup
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Well ... I'm the one usually saying I miss nothing from the UK, but I have to confess - I sit here wearing M&S socks and undies! I bought ... LOTS of them way back, and they are still going (I still have un-opened packages of socks!).

Now, I don't go home any longer, but my mum brings or sends stuff once in a while, and ... she said the undies that I like are no longer available so ... this past month, I have been on a mission to find 'local' undies ... I've been buying Jockey, Hanes, and all manner of brands, without regard to price ... and none of them come close to my good old M&S undies! I really don't know what I'm going to do !!!! My last vestige of the 'old country'...
Old Aug 8th 2009, 12:37 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I like the long underwear from M&S. Much softer than the sausage-wrap American versions.

I wonder if there is some fine print in the order form that says 'You are responsible for all customs duties' etc. When I ordered a soccer kit from the UK there was an 18% duty on it under Customs rules that I had to pay after the order arrived.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 12:51 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleyjag

their egg mayo and bacon sarnies!!! *drooling just thinking about them*
And the packs of sherbert lemons they sold at the tills..YUM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.