Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Margaret Thatcher

Wikiposts

Margaret Thatcher

Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:09 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Margaret Thatcher

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Yes I did, I remember them. I'm not saying she was perfect, I certainly wouldn't want the job, but still think she was better than what has replaced her since.
How was she better?

Unemployment is at an all-time low in the UK just now.

NHS waiting lists are at their lowest for a very long time indeed.

The pound is strong.

How was Maggie better?

I have my beefs with Tony and Co all right, but they don't make Maggie better - the two aren't linked at all.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:14 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mercedes]Yes I did, I remember them. I'm not saying she was perfect, I certainly wouldn't want the job, but still think she was better than what has replaced her since.[/QUOT

yeah I know, John Major was a bit of a prick too and Michael Howard, touche
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
How was she better?

The pound is strong.

How was Maggie better?

I have my beefs with Tony and Co all right, but they don't make Maggie better - the two aren't linked at all.
I'll answer later, I'm off to the beach to catch some rays....not sting rays either LOL
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:16 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Unless she needs to plunk down bail for her coup-sponsoring son. Then it's ok to help out. Am I sounding bitter here?
he is just like his mother, power at all costs, even if it has to be bought.

prick.

oh, and he gets lost in the desert too
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:17 am
Brit'n'TX

that's because we're all moving abroad

Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:18 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I'll answer later, I'm off to the beach to catch some rays....not sting rays either LOL
watch for 4x4's, thatcher's son he likes driving over sand and gets lost most of the time.

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
that's because we're all moving abroad

Actually we're not. I seem to remember reading that emigration is actually much lower than it's been at many times across history. Maybe it's just the weak and infirm who are moving?

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Madder than a box of frogs

Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:20 am
Brit'n'TX

Actually we're not. I seem to remember reading that emigration is actually much lower than it's been at many times across history. Maybe it's just the weak and infirm who are moving?
like I said ... we're all moving abroad ...

Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:21 am

like I said ... we're all moving abroad ...
Well, you hobble along now dear. If you'll excuse me, I have to go and put new skids on my walker.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by walla1
watch for 4x4's, thatcher's son he likes driving over sand and gets lost most of the time.

Walla would you please go in the Ashes thread and explain about following on - nobody seems to believe me when I say it's a serious question for some strange reason.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:26 am
Keeping it fairly real

Walla would you please go in the Ashes thread and explain about following on - nobody seems to believe me when I say it's a serious question for some strange reason.

I have and I hope it makes sense
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by walla1
I have and I hope it makes sense
Sort of - there seem to be too many ways to win (or lose) a cricket match, and they all seem to involve maths.
Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:33 am
Brit'n'TX

Sort of - there seem to be too many ways to win (or lose) a cricket match, and they all seem to involve maths.
typical establishment tactic - keep it mysterious and only the clique get in ...

Old Aug 27th 2005, 1:35 am
Keeping it fairly real

typical establishment tactic - keep it mysterious and only the clique get in ...
or in 2 words "thatcher policies"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.