Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

March Madness...

March Madness...

Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice
Default Re: March Madness...

I never said you had to like it, just why complain? Its HUGELY popular and fun for us. It also brings in a ton of money which why no other channel will run programming against it. Thats called capitalism!

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
No way. I like RoB 1833 comments far better. Not all Americans are interested in NCAA tournament. For example, fans of the teams who didn't even make it the first round...

Getting into American sports is just another way to enculture oneself to the USA. There's plenty of other sources to become Americanized.

NC Penguin
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DCMark
I never said you had to like it, just why complain? Its HUGELY popular and fun for us. It also brings in a ton of money which why no other channel will run programming against it. Thats called capitalism!
But it isn't the be all, and if channels did offer competition, they wouldn't all lose out....at the mo, of course there gonna lose out if there offering shite and repeats.
It ain't the end of the world, but it is annoying.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
But it isn't the be all, and if channels did offer competition, they wouldn't all lose out....at the mo, of course there gonna lose out if there offering shite and repeats.
It's just the same Bob when a TV network doesn't put up a popular show next to a huge show like Survivor or why Eastenders and Coronation street don't clash. It's not like basketball has wiped out the entire month of march for you Bob. They only re-run a show on thursday as far as I am aware.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:16 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Nothing to do with that ...You are a known Karma meanie .. where I am known for my generosity... the man has been around for a long time ...
You do not understand the reasons I give karma. I'm more a quality over quantity kind of person. So what if DCMark has been a member for a long time? Big deal.

PS: You've blown your chances of getting Karma for a while now. The quality of your posts has slipped recently too (at least the ones I've read).

NC Penguin
Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
It's just the same Bob when a TV network doesn't put up a popular show next to a huge show like Survivor or why Eastenders and Coronation street don't clash. It's not like basketball has wiped out the entire month of march for you Bob. They only re-run a show on thursday as far as I am aware.
reruns...Lost, csi, numbers, ER....pretty much anything half decent are re-runs, only new thing that ain't is that jake in progress.

something not competing against one show is one thing, but it does appear that nearly everything has been changed just for march....fair enough if the channels want to do that, nothing to watch, so I won't bother watch it, no great loss at the end of the day, but it is still annoying.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Thankfully you know more than the executives of the American TV channels. Whew! They really should bring you on as a consultant. After all, you have such experience in watching TV!

Originally Posted by Bob
Old Mar 21st 2005, 3:12 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by DCMark
Thankfully you know more than the executives of the American TV channels. Whew! They really should bring you on as a consultant. After all, you have such experience in watching TV!
no, but it is an opinion, and the last time I checked, we were allowed them in this country.

But about march madness, uconn getting drop kicked this early was a bit of a surprise.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 3:28 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! At least one of the local teams has been knocked out (Wake Forest Univ. which is not in Wake Forest but Winston Salem. I do know the story why but that's another thread).

So, that leaves UNC, Duke and NC State still in the running.

NC Penguin