Manners?

Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: Manners?

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I though Americans spelt Humor without the U

Alright just call me anally rententive. I dont care.
Stop generaliZing!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I've got used to spelling it that way. Do I have to spell it the American way now that I'm in America? As soon as I stopped living in the UK, do I revert back to being the American that left all those years ago? Do you think you could go back to the UK and be the same person you were before you left? I'm pretty curious about that last sentence. Would be very interested to know indeed.

Not only that, but my daughter is pronouncing words with a decidely British accent, like her father's. Do you think I should be anal and make her say it the American way? In the long run, does it really make a big difference, either way?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Stop generaliZing!!!
Ahhh, you're being converted then. I know how it feels.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:37 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Ahhh, you're being converted then. I know how it feels.
No dear, that was "sarcasm", look it up or ask hubby, he'll explain it to you.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The problem here is that you DON'T think, you bypass that option and go straight to typing your usual ramblings.If anyone had a criticism of the US (no matter how small) you immediately jump to the defensive whether the original comment has any merit or not and call them idiots and suchlike. Contrary to what you believe there are people here that are far more widely travelled than yourself and intelligent enough to have a valued opinion, different to your own. Yes, myself included.

So, you haven't come across any humour in BE? (Your own words) You must be either completely blind or, as I suggested earlier, you just don't get the British sense of humour. you should keep trying, you'll find that once you actually "get it" nothing else comes close. Until that time I will genuinely feel sorry for you because you are missing out on a very special and enjoyable thing.

WHERE???? Did I group you in with other "Paranoid yanks"? I was ONLY refering to you. There you go again trying to look for allies by suggesting that I was generalising about all USC's. I wasn't. Read that post again and you will see that I was aiming that comment directly at YOU and you alone.
You always try to gain assistance by one means or another, either refering to another members post that agreed somewhat with yours or by claiming that the target of your wrath is "generalising" when they are not.

Its amazing that the person that usually does the ramblings and critical posts, is the one to quickly point out someone elses shortcommings. I don't and never have called myself a "world traveller" quit trying to pin names to me. I do have a bit more insight than your "average American" And if you knew me, you'd know what I was talking about. Since you don't, just keep up your ramblings.

I've come across quite a bit of humour here. That's probably the biggest reason I've stayed here, besides the friendly people. I don't think you fit either bill. If you think putdowns are funny, good for you. I can throw back barbs as well as the next person. In the end its just ridiculous, petty arguments. And not true humour.

Do I need allies? I wasn't aware that I needed an audience for my discussions with you. Perhaps that's what you need?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No dear, that was "sarcasm", look it up or ask hubby, he'll explain it to you.
If my husband was as sarcastic or as rude as you, he wouldn't be my husband. I'm quite sure that you're OTT when it comes to that.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:43 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking the same thing. Are you trying to conform AmerLisa?!?!
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You deleted your post with the comment "funny, but not nice" Since when has that stopped you? Please do keep up your comments. I want to see how extremely rude you can get.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

For **** sake you two ..stop wasting pixels.....
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partystar
I was just thinking the same thing. Are you trying to conform AmerLisa?!?!
Conform to what Partystar? Did you not read my post above? Or can't you read dear?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
For **** sake you two ..stop wasting pixels.....
Its a gang thing....the more the merrier Ray.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:46 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

The problem here is that you DON'T think, you bypass that option and go straight to typing your usual ramblings.If anyone had a criticism of the US (no matter how small) you immediately jump to the defensive whether the original comment has any merit or not and call them idiots and suchlike. Contrary to what you believe there are people here that are far more widely travelled than yourself and intelligent enough to have a valued opinion, different to your own. Yes, myself included.

So, you haven't come across any humour in BE? (Your own words) You must be either completely blind or, as I suggested earlier, you just don't get the British sense of humour. you should keep trying, you'll find that once you actually "get it" nothing else comes close. Until that time I will genuinely feel sorry for you because you are missing out on a very special and enjoyable thing.

WHERE???? Did I group you in with other "Paranoid yanks"? I was ONLY refering to you. There you go again trying to look for allies by suggesting that I was generalising about all USC's. I wasn't. Read that post again and you will see that I was aiming that comment directly at YOU and you alone.
You always try to gain assistance by one means or another, either refering to another members post that agreed somewhat with yours or by claiming that the target of your wrath is "generalising" when they are not.
Ooooooooo handbag!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:49 am
Back where I belong!

I suppose I've got used to spelling it that way. Do I have to spell it the American way now that I'm in America? As soon as I stopped living in the UK, do I revert back to being the American that left all those years ago? Do you think you could go back to the UK and be the same person you were before you left? I'm pretty curious about that last sentence. Would be very interested to know indeed.

Not only that, but my daughter is pronouncing words with a decidely British accent, like her father's. Do you think I should be anal and make her say it the American way? In the long run, does it really make a big difference, either way?
You changed the way you spelled when you were in England? I have no intention of spelling the American way, but hey, that's just me, I'm stubborn!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Conform to what Partystar? Did you not read my post above? Or can't you read dear?
Prime example of the Amerlisa way of "how to make friends and influence people"!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:52 am
Account Closed

If my husband was as sarcastic or as rude as you, he wouldn't be my husband. I'm quite sure that you're OTT when it comes to that.

Shhh don't give him ideas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.