Wikiposts

Manners?

Old Oct 17th 2005, 1:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manners?

Originally Posted by Wintersong
But you know that Bob's answer will be "Aye *l*" followed by something incomprehensibly technical...

I luuuurve you really, Bob
Or will be answered after a few days, in which case we will have forgotten the original post.

But we do luuuuuurve you Bobo!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:40 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I leave the smartass business to Rushman, he does it so very well. I couldn't compete if I tried. But you're not doing too bad yourself. Is it a competition between you two?

Also, I didn't know, when I signed on and paid my premium membership dues, that I was to be your entertainment. Where was that clause in the rules? I must ask Bob about that.....
I'd need my money back if you were trying to entertain (and I'd paid for it)
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I leave the smartass business to Rushman, he does it so very well. I couldn't compete if I tried. But you're not doing too bad yourself. Is it a competition between you two?
No it's not a competition so don't try to make one. I think the problem here is that there's a few people on this forum that have a typically British sense of humour and YOU just don't get it/like it or want it. Which is why you tend to quote people with snidey (unfunny) comments (BTW the little smileys you add at the end don't defuse the bitterness in your words, they just make you look smug). That is probably why Chorlton suggested you try to be more funny when commenting on others, that way you don't look like just another paranoid yank.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I'd need my money back if you were trying to entertain (and I'd paid for it)
If I had to entertain you, I'd want my money up front. Cue the smiley....
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:54 am

Where's the puke smilie? I'll pass, thanks
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rushman
No it's not a competition so don't try to make one. I think the problem here is that there's a few people on this forum that have a typically British sense of humour and YOU just don't get it/like it or want it. Which is why you tend to quote people with snidey (unfunny) comments (BTW the little smileys you add at the end don't defuse the bitterness in your words, they just make you look smug). That is probably why Chorlton suggested you try to be more funny when commenting on others, that way you don't look like just another paranoid yank.
The problem of course is, you think. Or try to.....more times than not, you're wrong. Am I humourless? Well perhaps, but perhaps I haven't come across any humour. Keep trying, I'll keep reading. I'm pretty unique in myself, so grouping me in with your observations of "paranoid yanks" is yet again, wrong. Try again. And if you don't like the smileys.....turn off the option button at the bottom. Here ya go!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where's the puke smilie? I'll pass, thanks
Its a shame they didn't invent that one.....could really use it at times. Oh well.

Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:58 am

The problem of course is, you think. Or try to.....more times than not, you're wrong. Am I humourless? Well perhaps, but perhaps I haven't come across any humour. Keep trying, I'll keep reading. I'm pretty unique in myself, so grouping me in with your observations of "paranoid yanks" is yet again, wrong. Try again. And if you don't like the smileys.....turn off the option button at the bottom. Here ya go!

Tell me you're not an English teacher
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tell me you're not an English teacher
Thankfully, I'm not writing a book, here on BE.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:05 am

Thankfully, I'm not writing a book, here on BE.
Doh! There you go again
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:07 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

If YOU had to entertain us, we'd want OUR money back!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Doh! There you go again
Do be specific Chorlton....

Anyway, I've got to run. Talk to you later, I'm sure.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rushman
If YOU had to entertain us, we'd want OUR money back!!!!
Oh dear, and here I thought you loved my entertainment. Should I go back to worshipping you instead?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I though Americans spelt Humor without the U

Alright just call me anally rententive. I dont care.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:28 am
Account Closed

The problem of course is, you think.
Or try to.....more times than not, you're wrong.

The problem here is that you DON'T think, you bypass that option and go straight to typing your usual ramblings.If anyone had a criticism of the US (no matter how small) you immediately jump to the defensive whether the original comment has any merit or not and call them idiots and suchlike. Contrary to what you believe there are people here that are far more widely travelled than yourself and intelligent enough to have a valued opinion, different to your own. Yes, myself included.

Am I humourless? Well perhaps, but perhaps I haven't come across any humour. Keep trying, I'll keep reading.
So, you haven't come across any humour in BE? (Your own words) You must be either completely blind or, as I suggested earlier, you just don't get the British sense of humour. you should keep trying, you'll find that once you actually "get it" nothing else comes close. Until that time I will genuinely feel sorry for you because you are missing out on a very special and enjoyable thing.

I'm pretty unique in myself, so grouping me in with your observations of "paranoid yanks" is yet again, wrong. Try again. And if you don't like the smileys.....turn off the option button at the bottom. Here ya go!
WHERE???? Did I group you in with other "Paranoid yanks"? I was ONLY refering to you. There you go again trying to look for allies by suggesting that I was generalising about all USC's. I wasn't. Read that post again and you will see that I was aiming that comment directly at YOU and you alone.
You always try to gain assistance by one means or another, either refering to another members post that agreed somewhat with yours or by claiming that the target of your wrath is "generalising" when they are not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.