Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Mail in Rebates.....

Mail in Rebates.....

Old Jan 12th 2005, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail in Rebates.....

slightly off the point but have you noticed we're all saying 'store' and 'groceries'!!!!!!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Another 'good one' is to get all the 'loyalty cards' from Safeway, Food Lion, Giant, CVS or whatever the stores are in your area.
The wife has got them all, divide loyalty I guess you call it !!
example: Safeway last weekend, total was about $230, with loyalty card, down to $205.
That's an ermmmmmmmmmmmm % discount.
Food Lion works out at about $10 off a carton of cigs, although we drive over the bridge into Virginia to get them, and they're about $15 cheaper per carton.
I'm sure there are a lot more dodges and tips to save money.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

BrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes, the 'loyalty' cards are good for savings. I have a wad of them on my keys... they give them to you free at customer service too.... cheaper than buying a pretty keyring too

You can get them at all 'food shops' thanks woodsey, for pointing out we kept saying 'grocery stores' AGH! :scared:

You can get them at other shops too, like PetSmart and such... every little helps in the way of savings
Old Jan 12th 2005, 1:02 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Plus with coupons, if you play your cards right, you can sometimes even earn money! I was shopping and found a bottle of Windex reduced to 79¢ , I handed over my coupon for $1 off, so they ended up giving me something like 16¢ to take it away!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 2:47 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
Mail-in rebates should be illegal. Their basis is that some people will pay more than an advertised price by either not claiming the rebate or having the rebate denied through myriad terms and conditions. Absolutely unethical marketing scam.
I agree, its a complete scam.

Also Radio shit-shack and best buy know perfectly well that a certain % of people will forget or couldn't be arsed in sending in or following up on there mail in rebates, that way they can sponge even more $$$.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yosser
I agree, its a complete scam.

Also Radio shit-shack and best buy know perfectly well that a certain % of people will forget or couldn't be arsed in sending in or following up on there mail in rebates, that way they can sponge even more $$$.

I guess it depends on the rebate.
The rebates My Best Buy computer totalled $400, I sure wasn't gonna forget that. But I can imagine with smaller items lots of people wouldn't bother.

Another way I found to save money, is instead of running behind a bus to work I now run behind a taxi. I save about $100 a week !!! DUH