Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

mail forwarding from US to UK

mail forwarding from US to UK

Old Nov 20th 2013, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default mail forwarding from US to UK

Just wondering how people have handled their mail forwarding when moving back to the UK. The USPS change of address form doesnt allow for an international address, do they have international forwarding available?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:04 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mail forwarding from US to UK

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
Just wondering how people have handled their mail forwarding when moving back to the UK. The USPS change of address form doesnt allow for an international address, do they have international forwarding available?
The online form doesn't allow for an international address, but the paper copy does. Free mail forwarding for 6 months, IIRC.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:19 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

You will need the form that comes in an envelope with several coupons for U haul and other moving companies. The other paper form will not work. There was a discussion about this a while back. I get mine from my mail man but you may have to go to the Post Office to get one. Again, make sure it's the one that comes in an envelope and not the regular paper one.

Last edited by Simon Legree; Nov 20th 2013 at 8:16 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, thats great!!
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

London1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to allLondon1947 is a name known to all

Thanks, thats great!!
Alternate thought, if you have a relative or a very close friend that your mail could be delivered to them and in turn they could mail it to you. We have our Daughter accept our mail she collects it up and puts a couple of weeks worth in a large envelope and mails it. The only problem and i have had to tell he don't send junk mail.

Last edited by London1947; Nov 23rd 2013 at 5:42 pm. Reason: add to
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 5:45 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London1947
Alternate thought, if you have a relative or a very close friend that your mail could be delivered to them and in turn they could mail it to you. We have our Daughter accept our mail she collects it up and puts a couple of weeks worth in a large envelope and mails it. The only problem and i have had to tell he don't send junk mail.
Additionally, many returnees may be staying at a temporary address.

In this case do what I did - have a friend or neighbour collect and forward the mail, and then when you have your new address, have the same person fill in the address part of the form and send it in (you would fill in and sign every other part of the form and leave it with them).
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

my temporary address will be my parents so it will be no big dal to get the mail from them when I move to a permanent place.
Old Nov 24th 2013, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

mrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant futuremrs Bucket has a brilliant future

my temporary address will be my parents so it will be no big dal to get the mail from them when I move to a permanent place.
We moved on the 28th October and started receiving mail here in london a week later. A couple of things got send to the old house but luckily a friends passed by to pick otherwise no problems with the mail.