Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Madison, WI?

Madison, WI?

Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all
Default Re: Madison, WI?

were i will go to college in a few years great town close to Chicago and Milwaukee
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
were i will go to college in a few years great town close to Chicago and Milwaukee
That was the plan, well for the missus after she's finished her masters...certainly would have been more affordable out there, but plans have been slightly scuppered in me getting bronze position for two potential positions

Still trying for it as it seems like a place that'll be most sense for a young family...so we'll see what happens.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to allMichaelmike5556 is a name known to all

i am in the Military right now but with the new GI bill i get 1500 a month on top of my school and books being paid for i hope to get a 2 year while i am still in
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:55 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
The thing about regional airports around O'Hare such as Madison, Champaign, South Bend, etc is that their take offs and landings are often under control of O'Hare's ATC. I've been on the ground for 45 minutes in a place like Champaign waiting for our landing slot to open, eventhough we hadn't taken off for our 40 minute flight.

It's moments like that when you think "I should have just driven to O'Hare".
I *NEVER* fly into Champaign. Every time I've been there there's been ice storms, wind storms, thunder storms, tornadoes, blizzards, you name it. I love Chambana but would not fly there. Drive from Chicago, Indy or St Louis.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

CatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really niceCatrinE is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
What's the skinny on this place? Middleton to be exact I think?

Apart from shite cold winters and humid hot summers, having good schools, cycling and cheap housing, don't know that much about the place, quite liberal and looks alright...

I've done the demographic look up, just want to know if anyone's been around there, what's the commuter traffic like? Other towns to look at? How easy is it to fly into/out of and what about other big cities to go check out? IL is neighbouring, so how doable would a Chicago visit be, that kind of stuff
Not bad at all. Pubs shut at 9pm though. Head over to Madison East Town, good shop their called British Forever, the owners called Raj, nice guy. About a 3 hour run down to Chicago.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

katy1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we finally moved here to Middleton just 2 months ago, and we LOVE IT! We bought a house in the downtown area of Middleton -- about 6 miles west of downtown Madison, and it's the perfect area really. 2007 saw Middleton voted the number one place to live in the USA, and it's not let us down Let me know if you end up here and I'll be happy to show you around.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/..._100.moneymag/

http://money.cnn.com/video/#/video/b....middleton.cnn

Am off to try this fish and chip shop I've just read about! Yay!

Katy
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:04 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katy1234
just 2 months ago,
come back in March and let us know how it is.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

katy1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair enough I'll reserve the winter judgment!!! Although I did just buy a toboggan! Brilliant!

Also, just an FYI, the pubs don't close at 9, they have regular hours. The ruling is that stores are not allowed to sell alcohol past 9pm.

Katy
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
come back in March and let us know how it is.
Nah, February
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Nah, February
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
maidson has a great airport... closes a lot in the winter tho.

Madison itself is lovely, and eventually after many many months they also have a budget!! Starbucks is open very early in the morning and when i have had an early morning start there are loads of joggers out... ungodly hours and all wind and weather.. toughies that is for sure
Old Jul 30th 2008, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13

Madison itself is lovely, and eventually after many many months they also have a budget!! Starbucks is open very early in the morning and when i have had an early morning start there are loads of joggers out... ungodly hours and all wind and weather.. toughies that is for sure
I think she's heading up by Green Bay though... possibly.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13

Closes a lot in the winter doesn't sound good. Tracy's right - I'll be closer to the Green Bay area, so not as exciting as Madison I'm sure.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Closes a lot in the winter doesn't sound good. Tracy's right - I'll be closer to the Green Bay area, so not as exciting as Madison I'm sure.
big into their american footie out there
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:56 pm
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
big into their american footie out there
and their glow in the dark orange cheese.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.