Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

LostSoulInThePark's L visa transfer questions

LostSoulInThePark's L visa transfer questions

Old Feb 8th 2019, 5:33 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LostSoulInThePark's L visa transfer questions

Originally Posted by LostSoulInThePark
I'll know soon enough. In my company they have been very understanding and went as far as transforming a local contract to a full expat role. This change has taken almost 2 months and a few downs (hence tonight's moaning). Today they called me and officially informed me that I will be going as an expart and asked for my family composition as to asssemble the package for me. Once accepted I'll have to wait a few weeks for the L1 visa (from the NY office they expect a 5 weeks lead time).

You mean the L2 EAD for my wife? If so the sooner we start the process the better, still I need to get to NYC first.
I'm no expert on the timing of the process, but I believe the EAD cannot be applied for until she has entered on the L2 visa.
A heads up- I would advise that she doesn't tick the box for applying for Social Security number and EAD at the same time. She will be without her SSN until the EAD arrives.
She can apply for it soon after your arrival so long as she turns up at the SS office with her marriage certificate
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

LostSoulInThePark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: LostSoulInThePark's L visa transfer questions

Thank you to everyone. I have had a call today from the US that they had to cut the budget so my move will not happen anymore. But I learned a lot of things and I thank you all for the opportunity to exchange ideas.

Good luck to you all.