Reload this Page >

Looking for work in the Caroline's USA

Looking for work in the Caroline's USA

Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

sprognut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for work in the Caroline's USA

Hello everyone,

Last post I put up was about moving to Canada, plans have changed now moving to South Carolina in a town called Aiken. Moving in with the oldman and that at the age of 37 shocking huh Leaving the wife and kid at her Aunties till I get things sorted.

I have done many jobs through my life starting with Truck driver, put a truck in front of me and I can drive it, employed by the British Force at the moment working for 24 Regt in Germany, other place of work have been a Street Environment Manager for the City of Westminster, Close Protecting(team Leader), Basic Security, Dry waller/Carpenter, stores.

If anyone can help me find a sponsor or any part time work within the South or North Caroline's would be very appreciated , moving to the States in September 2008.

A big thanks to the site for the opportunity to help and contact other Expats.

Sprognut

Last edited by sprognut; Jun 17th 2008 at 3:40 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for work in the Caroline's USA

Looks like Allen, SC will have another undocumented worker, then. Please don't subject the rest of your family to it.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sprognut
Hello everyone,

Last post I put up was about moving to Canada, plans have changed now moving to South Carolina in a town called Aiken. Moving in with the oldman and that at the age of 37 shocking huh Leaving the wife and kid at her Aunties till I get things sorted.

I have done many jobs through my life starting with Truck driver, put a truck in front of me and I can drive it, employed by the British Force at the moment working for 24 Regt in Germany, other place of work have been a Street Environment Manager for the City of Westminster, Close Protecting(team Leader), Basic Security, Dry waller/Carpenter, stores.

If anyone can help me find a sponsor or any part time work within the South or North Caroline's would be very appreciated , moving to the States in September 2008.

A big thanks to the site for the opportunity to help and contact other Expats.

Mark aka Sprognut
Hi Mark.

First question is, I think - what visa do you have or are you eligible for?

When you ask re. a "sponsor" - just what do you mean by that? And employer to sponsor you for a green card? Or something else...

I suspect from your employment history you would find it difficult to find a work-based visa.

As far as finding a job, it is easier to find a job once you're here - if you have a visa and are work eligible.

Are you perhaps expecting to get a visa through your father? Or, are you a US citizen through him? If you are, then only your wife (perhaps child) would require visas.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Street Environment Manager for the City of Westminster
Is that what we used to call a road sweeper or street cleaner?

Good luck on the move, I didn't quite understand what you were trying to achieve and how you were going to achieve it from your slightly confused posting, but don't let this lot hold you back from your dream.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... moving to the States in September 2008.
No, you're not - certainly not without a visa... and for god's sake, don't ever confuse the words "moving" and "visiting". You can't move without a visa... and you don't yet have one.

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

I have spoken to some trucking companies which seem interested but would prefer me to be State side first. I will be working on my visa when I'm in the States. Family visa takes up to 7 years so will put in for that too but would prefer to take the risk and work hard for my visa going to visa interviews and visiting attorneys.

Ref sponsors yes I´m hoping the employer will sponsor me for a green card, the relevant documents I have already, so their will be no hardship for the employer to look for all the info, I already have it there for them.

My Father is ex military (British Army) and has married a lovely American Lady so my family and I will all need a visa. I´m a British Passport holder and my wife and kid are both German passport holders.

Ref road sweeper no I was an Environmental Enforcement Manager I made sure that the companies contracted to clean the area of Westminster London cleaned to the standers the City of Westminster. Working together with shops, cafes, restaurant,clubs and private residence making sure they were kept up to date with the Environmental laws of the City of Westminster and enforcing the law when needed. Thank you Tim for your encouraging comments.

Fatbrit got nothing nice to say say nothing at all, either help others to find their hopes and dreams or shut up!!!!! My family will only move to the States when and only when I have the relevant documents and visa sorted. There are plenty of muppets out there that drag their family through shit I´m not one of them, if the shit hits the fan it will only be me who suffers.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I have spoken to some trucking companies which seem interested but would prefer me to be State side first. I will be working on my visa when I'm in the States. Family visa takes up to 7 years so will put in for that too but would prefer to take the risk and work hard for my visa going to visa interviews and visiting attorneys.

Ref sponsors yes I´m hoping the employer will sponsor me for a green card, the relevant documents I have already, so their will be no hardship for the employer to look for all the info, I already have it there for them.

My Father is ex military (British Army) and has married a lovely American Lady so my family and I will all need a visa. I´m a British Passport holder and my wife and kid are both German passport holders.

Ref road sweeper no I was an Environmental Enforcement Manager I made sure that the companies contracted to clean the area of Westminster London cleaned to the standers the City of Westminster. Working together with shops, cafes, restaurant,clubs and private residence making sure they were kept up to date with the Environmental laws of the City of Westminster and enforcing the law when needed. Thank you Tim for your encouraging comments.

Fatbrit got nothing nice to say say nothing at all, either help others to find their hopes and dreams or shut up!!!!! My family will only move to the States when and only when I have the relevant documents and visa sorted. There are plenty of muppets out there that drag their family through shit I´m not one of them, if the shit hits the fan it will only be me who suffers.
I am sorry, but I do not think your plan is going to work. Here's a link that shows the ways to legally immigrate to the US:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

For your father to sponsor you, if possible, would take many years (8 or more?).

As a trucker, I do not believe you are eligible for any work-based visa. I do not think that an employer could sponsor you for a green card, even if they were willing.

That's the thing - it's not (necessarily) hard to get a job once over here. It's hard to get a visa to get over here in the first place.

You can't come first, and then go on visa interviews. That just doesn't happen.

Have a read through that link - but I'm sorry, doesn't sound possible to me.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Tracym thanks for your kindness and I do hope I can prove you wrong, when I do the beers are on you if not there on me.

Thanks for link will have a good read through and speak again with my Father and Step-Mother.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Fatbrit got nothing nice to say say nothing at all, either help others to find their hopes and dreams or shut up!!!!!
You mean wear the same pair of rose tinted specs as me or STFU? Your plan is unworkable. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and all that.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:18 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Tracym
For your father to sponsor you, if possible, would take many years (8 or more?).
Plus father must naturalize before he can petition.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:34 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Family-based visas for married children of US citizens who are over 18 (or 21, can't remember) have to go through an incredible routine that takes years....years....

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/imm...ypes_1306.html

I think you would fall into category F3.

The current chart shows that people who applied around 15 FEB 2000 are now being considered.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3800.html

Take a look at the VISA wiki and see if there might be some way. You might look into working for a large multinational in the UK and trying to get transfered to the US.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Tracym thanks for your kindness and I do hope I can prove you wrong, when I do the beers are on you if not there on me.
If you can, you will have found a loophole that tens of millions (probably 100's of millions really) of people, including seasoned immigration attorneys, haven't. Although the immigration process is far from cut and dry, there are specific paths that you have to follow otherwise you can really screw yourself up, like getting a lifetime ban from entering the USA. What you're planning doesn't fit into any of the immigration paths. None of the paths you could take would be done in America, your part would be done at the US embassy closest to where you live. Don't go in without knowing the full picture, right now you are looking at maybe 5% of it, because you can really get into a lot of trouble with what you are planning to do.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:59 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for link will have a good read through and speak again with my Father and Step-Mother.
Unfortunately, although it seems like other posters are trying to destroy your dream, they are just being realistic

'I have spoken to some trucking companies which seem interested but would prefer me to be State side first. I will be working on my visa when I'm in the States. Family visa takes up to 7 years so will put in for that too but would prefer to take the risk and work hard for my visa going to visa interviews and visiting attorneys.'
I think you have a large amount of fail in your visa future

Do you have a degree? If not there is no employment sponsership for you realistically

you can't work hard for a visa - you are either eligible or not

and you aren't unless you have a bunch of cash to put down to buy a business or get a company transfer

BTW trucking is not a good business to be in right now and you may find significant competition for drywall carpentry from other illegal immigrants like yourself - except they will be hispanic and be prepared to work longer hours and for less money
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're welcome. Good luck.

As another poster did say, be sure to NOT stay in the US without the proper visa - you can be banned for 3 years, 10 years, or life. Do be careful.

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Plus father must naturalize before he can petition.
True enough - why I said "if possible". I don't know the father's status.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

I will be working on my visa when I'm in the States.
If you state that upon landing in the US, you won't even make it out of the airport. You'll be place on the first flight home and you'll need a visa to just VISIT the US next time.

If I were you, go back to the original Canada plan. That at least had a prayer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.