Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Looking into an E2 visa, but need information on kids

Looking into an E2 visa, but need information on kids

Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:28 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking into an E2 visa, but need information on kids

Nicky, the issue lies in the wording. You said school event or sports event. Those are times outside of classroom time. And during those times, yes, students will come in their "own" clothing.

I have lived in New York and now in Mississippi. Both have a "uniform" that must be worn by the students attending classes, not school events outside of normal classroom times. In my area of Yonkers, New York, it was blue pants/skirts and white or ivory shirts. In Hattiesburg and Petal, MS the school uniform is white or ivory shirts and red or khaki colored pants/skirts. If you are not wearing these, you are not allowed to attend class that day.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:36 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
The charter school my daughter is at is in Sunnyvale.

I love no uniforms here, there's really no need to make all kids look and dress the same.
Originally Posted by Rete
Nicky, the issue lies in the wording. You said school event or sports event. Those are times outside of classroom time. And during those times, yes, students will come in their "own" clothing.

I have lived in New York and now in Mississippi. Both have a "uniform" that must be worn by the students attending classes, not school events outside of normal classroom times. In my area of Yonkers, New York, it was blue pants/skirts and white or ivory shirts. In Hattiesburg and Petal, MS the school uniform is white or ivory shirts and red or khaki colored pants/skirts. If you are not wearing these, you are not allowed to attend class that day.
You are correct, I did, in that post. In my prior post though I had said "I love no uniforms here, there's really no need to make all kids look and dress the same". Which obviously refers to kids in school time.
Old Apr 11th 2018, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Reflects my experience of being a high school parent...

I will bow out now as you don't seem to be able to discuss it other than with added snark.
gosh the attitude of some of the keyboard warriors on this forum astounds me also (not yourself),
Old Apr 11th 2018, 10:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
gosh the attitude of some of the keyboard warriors on this forum astounds me also (not yourself),
really? that's the sum of your contribution to this thread?

N1cky has pointed out that she and her daughter have been through many years of the school system in the same area, could well have absolutely top notch info that she learned the hard way that she could share and all you lot can do is be pissy?

My kids ave never had school uniform but in my mind the ******* dresscode is back in middle ages.