Reload this Page >

Looking for Brits in Arizona

Looking for Brits in Arizona

Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

sharron is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Looking for Brits in Arizona

Hi can anyone help !
Im looking for a brit club in the state of Arizona anyone got any ideas?
Im about to relocate from California to AZ and would love some new friends.

thanks mates !
Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few out that way. Pimpbot, edwords, Rockgurl just moved out there and is also new to the area. They'll fill you in I guess.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:30 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

HI Sharron! I'm in Phoenix...just arrived a month ago. I'd be happy to have another Brit buddy. Keep in touch. How come you're coming to AZ and whereabouts will you be living?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by manc1976
There's a few out that way. Pimpbot, edwords, Rockgurl just moved out there and is also new to the area. They'll fill you in I guess.
Thanks for the info
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:12 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rockgurl
HI Sharron! I'm in Phoenix...just arrived a month ago. I'd be happy to have another Brit buddy. Keep in touch. How come you're coming to AZ and whereabouts will you be living?

Hi there Rockgurl:

Thanks for getting intouch
Im moving at the end of January, just purchased a home in Gilbert, where are you?

Im very exited , Arizona seems a great place to live.
Have you just immigrated from the UK? Ive been here 15 years in California, time for a change and some warmer weather

would like to keep in touch, you know of any good brit clubs to join out there??

Talk soon ok
Thanks''sharron
Old Jan 10th 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for Brits in Arizona

Originally posted by sharron
Hi can anyone help !
Im looking for a brit club in the state of Arizona anyone got any ideas?
Im about to relocate from California to AZ and would love some new friends.

thanks mates !
Hi Sharron,
Welcome to the group.
My wife and I live in Gilbert and we love it. We moved here about five years ago from southern New Jersey.
Please let me know if there's any information I can offer you on Gilbert and the overall Phoenix area.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:03 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Rockgurl:

Thanks for getting intouch
Im moving at the end of January, just purchased a home in Gilbert, where are you?

Im very exited , Arizona seems a great place to live.
Have you just immigrated from the UK? Ive been here 15 years in California, time for a change and some warmer weather

would like to keep in touch, you know of any good brit clubs to join out there??

Talk soon ok
Thanks''sharron
Hi Sharron,

I moved over from England on December 1st, and I live in central Phoenix. I do like it but I have mixed feelings about it. I do prefer New England but so far I'm having a good time. It didn't take long at all to find my way around, and now most of the time I don't need to look at the map unless I'm going far out. The weather's been a little chilly of late, but this weekend it should top 78 degrees! Pretty good compared to New England that currently has temperatures down to -20! Have you been to AZ before?

I don't know of any Brit clubs I'm afraid. I now a few from work but that's about it. Good luck with your move.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Rockgurl
Hi Sharron,

I moved over from England on December 1st, and I live in central Phoenix. I do like it but I have mixed feelings about it. I do prefer New England but so far I'm having a good time. It didn't take long at all to find my way around, and now most of the time I don't need to look at the map unless I'm going far out. The weather's been a little chilly of late, but this weekend it should top 78 degrees! Pretty good compared to New England that currently has temperatures down to -20! Have you been to AZ before?

I don't know of any Brit clubs I'm afraid. I now a few from work but that's about it. Good luck with your move.
Thank you so much for contacting me.
My husband and I with 2 children will be arriving around the Feb 3rd, I am so glad that there are some brit friends there in Gilbert thats wonderful.
I am sure its very different for you being there from New England RockGurl, New England is such a wonderful place to live also alot like home ha ! Yes I miss England very much now, I think as you get older you do.

Hey sounds like we all could do with starting a club out there and get something together since we are all so close, let me know what you guys think about that?
I could sure use some english friends in AZ.
Im moving into The Island's community off Warner and would love to know about the area.
We have been to AZ before quite a few time but where originally looking into the Scottsdale but liked the Gilberts area better after searching a little.

I do hope we can all stay in touch ..
Looking forward to joining you all.

Sharron
Old Jan 10th 2004, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by edwords
Hi Sharron,
Welcome to the group.
My wife and I live in Gilbert and we love it. We moved here about five years ago from southern New Jersey.
Please let me know if there's any information I can offer you on Gilbert and the overall Phoenix area.

Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch, im so glad to get a positive response back about the Gilbert area

My husband and I will be moving with 2 kids to The Island's community off Warner and im in the process of checking out schools and so forth.
If you have any feedback in that area it would be greatly appricated

We will be arriving around Feb 3rd and I would like to keep intouch.
It sounds like there is not a club out there so maybe we could all start one?? your thoughts on that?
Where are you all from in England? im from Suffolk and Nottingham.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the kind welcome.

Sharron, Brandon
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello from Scottsdale.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Hello from Scottsdale.

Hi Pimpot:

Hello to you also, where are you from?
Old Jan 10th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pimpot:

Hello to you also, where are you from?
Originally from Cambridge U.K. moved here 6 months ago after two years of back and fourth travel to meet up with my now wife.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally from Cambridge U.K. moved here 6 months ago after two years of back and fourth travel to meet up with my now wife.

Wonderful , I was in college with a ton of people from Cambridge.

Do you like AZ? yes Iagree I did the same thing back and forth for a number of years and eventually made the move out here.

My husband is from Florida , it will be great to have friends in AZ

Sharron
Old Jan 11th 2004, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch, im so glad to get a positive response back about the Gilbert area

My husband and I will be moving with 2 kids to The Island's community off Warner and im in the process of checking out schools and so forth.
If you have any feedback in that area it would be greatly appricated

We will be arriving around Feb 3rd and I would like to keep intouch.
It sounds like there is not a club out there so maybe we could all start one?? your thoughts on that?
Where are you all from in England? im from Suffolk and Nottingham.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the kind welcome.

Sharron, Brandon
Hi Sharron,
The Islands is a very nice community. I like to take visitors there, and to Val Vista Lakes, to show them our desert waterfront communities. It's fun to see their eyes pop.
Gilbert is reputed to have a very fine school system. I have no direct experience with the schools, however, since the wife and I don't have any children.
Gilbert is a conservative community with strong libertarian overtones. A few years ago, their was a big dust up over the mayor proclaiming an official "Bible Week," but she's out of office now and the controversy is over and there is no longer an official Bible Week.
My roots are in Portsmouth, but I've lived most of my life in America. I've retained my U.K. citizenship, though. I've lived in Gilbert about five years after living in New York and New Jersey.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:31 pm
Franklin

Hello from Scottsdale.
Pimpbot> oh boy, you live in such a nice place. I wanted to move to Scottsdale or a place around there so much, but it didn't come together. Spent a couple of days in Scottsdale last year, it is a gorgeous place. The rock, colors, plants. The whole combination was stunning and so different from ordinary countryside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.