Looking for British companies in Philadelphia

Wikiposts

Looking for British companies in Philadelphia

Old Oct 12th 2010, 3:37 am
Just Joined

PhillyToby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for British companies in Philadelphia

Hi there,

I'm new to expats and wanted to introduce myself. I am an expat Brit now living in the US by way of New Zealand. I moved to Philadelphia to marry my American wife in June and am now going through the arduous AOS process that many of us know and love.

I'm not sure it I'm in the right section, but I just wanted to know whether anyone was aware of any British companies in Philadelphia that might be worth contacting for work? I have a background in marketing/communications and international business, with around 3-4 years experience.

I've done a pretty comprehensive search myself and am aware of the obvious ones (British Airways etc) so just wondered whether anyone knew of any 'hidden gems' or were working themselves in Philadelphia. I'm not looking for any handouts, just a bit of extra guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time, and this really has been a great site - reading all the different posts has been helpful on a number of levels.

Cheers

Toby
Old Oct 12th 2010, 4:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for British companies in Philadelphia

Hi there...welcome to the site.

In may be worthwhile taking a look in our Working Abroad Forums. Have you tried Googling? Sorry I can't be of further help.

Just to let you know the moderators for this forum are Bob and MsElui. So if you have any problems or concerns please contact one of them.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Good luck...I hope you find a job before too long.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

Eutechnyx, games company in Newcastle have a satellite tech office near Carnegie Mellon, no marketing though.

But speaking of, check the college job site to see if they have a industry liaison type person for placements, might have an idea?

But why looking for UK companies over there? Probably a few tech companies because of Mellon.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:47 am
Just Joined

PhillyToby is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice Bob, I'll look into it.

I've been looking at all options for jobs, just thought a British company might give me that connection back home and potential secondments/transfers in the future.

Seems to be (for obvious reasons) they are either in DC or New York in this area of the country. Philly's got some character though, cool city to be in.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:27 am
Just Joined

BackandForth is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look just down the 95 in Wilmington, Barclays are there and other financials who may not be UK but have presence over there. Take a look at some of the Pharma companies in the area too.