British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   London to Okie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/london-okie-417835/)

britoutofwater Jan 9th 2007 8:40 pm

London to Okie

Searching through the threads I don't see any other introductions from people in Okie, but stranger things have happened right?

I moved here in July to do my Masters at OU so I'll be here for a while. Enjoying it so far but really wish that BBC America had better fayre to offer. Does anyone really still watch Benny Hill? I'd never even seen it before I moved here! Thank goodness for Radio4 on the web, at least I can still have The Archers (which my American friends are very intrigued by).

DollyLlama Jan 9th 2007 8:41 pm

Re: London to Okie

Hello and Welcome :)

Rushman Jan 9th 2007 8:41 pm

Not another bloody student!!:rolleyes:

TruBrit Jan 9th 2007 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by britoutofwater (Post 4264585)
Searching through the threads I don't see any other introductions from people in Okie, but stranger things have happened right?

I moved here in July to do my Masters at OU so I'll be here for a while. Enjoying it so far but really wish that BBC America had better fayre to offer. Does anyone really still watch Benny Hill? I'd never even seen it before I moved here! Thank goodness for Radio4 on the web, at least I can still have The Archers (which my American friends are very intrigued by).

hiya and welcome to BE...:)

talking of benny hill, i was just watching/listening to his show on bbc america this avvie while i was cleaning out my fridge :o

britoutofwater Jan 9th 2007 8:45 pm

I just had it on in the background too! It just worries me that American's might watch BBCA and think that we've made no new comedies since Benny Hill and Monty Python (which I love) but really?! What about Green Wing, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh?! These seem to get shown once and then relegated to 3am slots. Also, I'm becoming concerned about the inevitable lack of Terry Wogan and Eurovision.

TruBrit Jan 9th 2007 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by britoutofwater (Post 4264614)
I just had it on in the background too! It just worries me that American's might watch BBCA and think that we've made no new comedies since Benny Hill and Monty Python (which I love) but really?! What about Green Wing, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh?! These seem to get shown once and then relegated to 3am slots. Also, I'm becoming concerned about the inevitable lack of Terry Wogan and Eurovision.

haha you'll get used to it :p

btw they loved our UK office over here, that went down well.

TruBrit Jan 9th 2007 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4264591)

be nice..you were young once if you can remember that far back :p

britoutofwater Jan 9th 2007 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Rushman (Post 4264591)

I'm not 18 and fresh out of high school if that helps?! :D

Rushman Jan 9th 2007 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by britoutofwater (Post 4264628)
I'm not 18 and fresh out of high school if that helps?! :D

Aslong as you're not another guardian reading PC mad liberal.

Partystar Jan 9th 2007 10:06 pm

Welcome to BE! :)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm not in Okie, but I've spent a bit of time in Guthrie, know of it? Plus I used to live in North Texas (in the panhandle), but that's about as close as I get I'm afraid!

anabella Jan 10th 2007 4:56 am

Hello and welcome to BE.. what kind of Masters are you doing? and why here instead of London? (I'm a nosy bitch..)

:)

britvic Jan 10th 2007 5:44 pm

Hello & welcome to another Newbie :)

Bob Jan 11th 2007 1:25 am

Welcome to BE....and where abouts is that?

Sally Jan 11th 2007 1:33 am

Originally Posted by britoutofwater (Post 4264614)

Welcome! Someone else who likes the Mighty Boosh!

Peep Show is showing on BBCA on Friday evenings.

britoutofwater Jan 11th 2007 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 4265842)
Hello and welcome to BE.. what kind of Masters are you doing? and why here instead of London? (I'm a nosy bitch..)

:)

My masters is in Instructional Psychology and Technology, basically looking at how people learn and looking at how to use technology to teach them based on that.

My partner lives here and is in the middle of a masters too so I had to come here rather than the other way around. The university also offered a masters that fit well with my long term career plans so it turned out well.