Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London to Okie

London to Okie

Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

britoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to all
Default London to Okie

Searching through the threads I don't see any other introductions from people in Okie, but stranger things have happened right?

I moved here in July to do my Masters at OU so I'll be here for a while. Enjoying it so far but really wish that BBC America had better fayre to offer. Does anyone really still watch Benny Hill? I'd never even seen it before I moved here! Thank goodness for Radio4 on the web, at least I can still have The Archers (which my American friends are very intrigued by).
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:41 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London to Okie

Hello and Welcome
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Not another bloody student!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britoutofwater View Post
Searching through the threads I don't see any other introductions from people in Okie, but stranger things have happened right?

I moved here in July to do my Masters at OU so I'll be here for a while. Enjoying it so far but really wish that BBC America had better fayre to offer. Does anyone really still watch Benny Hill? I'd never even seen it before I moved here! Thank goodness for Radio4 on the web, at least I can still have The Archers (which my American friends are very intrigued by).
hiya and welcome to BE...

talking of benny hill, i was just watching/listening to his show on bbc america this avvie while i was cleaning out my fridge
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

britoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to allbritoutofwater is a name known to all

I just had it on in the background too! It just worries me that American's might watch BBCA and think that we've made no new comedies since Benny Hill and Monty Python (which I love) but really?! What about Green Wing, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh?! These seem to get shown once and then relegated to 3am slots. Also, I'm becoming concerned about the inevitable lack of Terry Wogan and Eurovision.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

I just had it on in the background too! It just worries me that American's might watch BBCA and think that we've made no new comedies since Benny Hill and Monty Python (which I love) but really?! What about Green Wing, Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh?! These seem to get shown once and then relegated to 3am slots. Also, I'm becoming concerned about the inevitable lack of Terry Wogan and Eurovision.
haha you'll get used to it

btw they loved our UK office over here, that went down well.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rushman View Post
be nice..you were young once if you can remember that far back
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rushman View Post
I'm not 18 and fresh out of high school if that helps?!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I'm not 18 and fresh out of high school if that helps?!
Aslong as you're not another guardian reading PC mad liberal.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 10:06 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

I'm not in Okie, but I've spent a bit of time in Guthrie, know of it? Plus I used to live in North Texas (in the panhandle), but that's about as close as I get I'm afraid!
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:56 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE.. what kind of Masters are you doing? and why here instead of London? (I'm a nosy bitch..)

Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome to another Newbie
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:25 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE....and where abouts is that?
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:33 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome! Someone else who likes the Mighty Boosh!

Peep Show is showing on BBCA on Friday evenings.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by anabella View Post
Hello and welcome to BE.. what kind of Masters are you doing? and why here instead of London? (I'm a nosy bitch..)

My masters is in Instructional Psychology and Technology, basically looking at how people learn and looking at how to use technology to teach them based on that.

My partner lives here and is in the middle of a masters too so I had to come here rather than the other way around. The university also offered a masters that fit well with my long term career plans so it turned out well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.