Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

London Consulate Reply

London Consulate Reply

Old Oct 9th 2002, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

jsv888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default London Consulate Reply

On a whim I emailed the London Consular yesterday and they replied in less than 24 hours! So weird. I've written them before and never received replies or received them weeks later. I sent the message from their website, maybe that makes a difference, i have no clue. Anyway, here's their reply to my question. It's pretty darn vague, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Their answer:

We currently have a backlog of several weeks and have not recorded receipt of these forms to date. Please e-mail again next week for an update.

My question:

My husband sent in Packet 3 for the K3 visa about 3 weeks ago. Has his information been entered into your computer? His name is XXXXX. What is the approximate wait for an interview date?
Old Oct 9th 2002, 8:07 am
Scarlett

Default Re: London Consulate Reply

>On a whim I emailed the London Consular yesterday and they replied in
    >less than 24 hours! So weird. I've written them before and never
    >received replies or received them weeks later. I sent the message from
    >their website, maybe that makes a difference, i have no clue. Anyway,
    >here's their reply to my question. It's pretty darn vague, but I
    >thought I'd post it anyway.
    >Their answer:
    >We currently have a backlog of several weeks and have not recorded
    >receipt of these forms to date. Please e-mail again next week for
    >an update.
    >My question:
    >My husband sent in Packet 3 for the K3 visa about 3 weeks ago. Has his
    >information been entered into your computer? His name is XXXXX. What
    >is the approximate wait for an interview date?
sounds like they have a lot of post waiting to be opened. still, telling you to
mail again in a week means you can be hopeful of a reply, which is good news.

crossing my fingers for you.

regards
-=-
scarlett

Old Oct 9th 2002, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jsv888:
On a whim I emailed the London Consular yesterday and they replied in less than 24 hours! So weird. I've written them before and never received replies or received them weeks later. I sent the message from their website, maybe that makes a difference, i have no clue. Anyway, here's their reply to my question. It's pretty darn vague, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Their answer:

We currently have a backlog of several weeks and have not recorded receipt of these forms to date. Please e-mail again next week for an update.

My question:

My husband sent in Packet 3 for the K3 visa about 3 weeks ago. Has his information been entered into your computer? His name is XXXXX. What is the approximate wait for an interview date?
Thanks for posting that, as it applies to me too. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Peace,

D.
Old Oct 9th 2002, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dazeychain:

Thanks for posting that, as it applies to me too. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Peace,

D.
How funny! They've just emailed me this:

Yes, your case number is LNDxxxxxxxx. We are currently awaiting the approved petition from INS. If your petitioner receives the I-797 notice of approval in the meantime and you send us the original (NOT a copy) we can proceed further on the basis of that.

Our 1st NOA from Nebraska is actually May 2, so hopefully we'll hear from the INS again soon.

Peace,

D.
Old Oct 12th 2002, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Paul E is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dazeychain:

How funny! They've just emailed me this:

Yes, your case number is LNDxxxxxxxx. We are currently awaiting the approved petition from INS. If your petitioner receives the I-797 notice of approval in the meantime and you send us the original (NOT a copy) we can proceed further on the basis of that.

Our 1st NOA from Nebraska is actually May 2, so hopefully we'll hear from the INS again soon.

Peace,

D.
My wife's just sent off packet 3 for K3 to London as well. Instead of waiting for the INS to send forward the approved petition from the US, I FedEx'd my original I-129f approval to the Embassy per their e-mail...low and behold, 2 weeks later the paperwork is at her door and on it's way back to London to hopefully get finalized and interview scheduled soon.

Best of luck to all

Paul E (Texas)