Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Living And Working In NY

Living And Working In NY

Old Apr 29th 2003, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Franz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Living And Working In NY

Hi! Greetings from the Philippines! I have been applying for jobs in NYC,Manhattan..So far, I e-mailed 100 resumes, and I got 1 reply from a US Employer in Manhattan..However, my US Employer is not yet familiar on the process of hiring a foreign employee..I am thinking of applying either H-B Visa or J-1 Visa..Which process is faster? I want to go to NY ASAP..I was informed that the processing of working visa with the immigration will take 3-6months but if I want to expedite, there's a payment of additional $1000..I'm not yet sure if my Employer could expedite it because I got their e-mail that they don't want to rush into anyhting..Also, the position they offer is not entitled to health insurance...In J-1 Visa, you need a sponsoring organization to sponsor the applicant, and a US Employer to work on..Which do you think is faster in getting my US Visa? Is it through H-1B or J-1? Please help me. I want to fly to NY at the soonest possible time...You can e-mail me: [email protected]. Thank you!

Last edited by Franz; Apr 29th 2003 at 9:17 am.