Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Living and working illegally in the US

Living and working illegally in the US

Old Dec 30th 2010, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

DaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really niceDaveMK is just really nice
Default Living and working illegally in the US

Hi all, I really cant take it anymore living here in the UK due to my own personal financial and legal problems. I was considering moving to and working in the US without the right visas.

I know that may sound stupid and crazy but I know there is a large population of people who work and live illegally in the US then I came across this news item http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201012415867224 and it seems that there actually is an enormous amount of Irish people living and working there illegally. I myself am Irish btw.

What I would like to know is has anybody done this or know anybody who has done this and went on to have a successful career and life. Can you eventually get citizenship after arriving illegally, how serious is this if you get caught.

Are there any genuine agencies or groups that can help illegal aliens find work.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2010, 2:58 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living and working illegally in the US

Originally Posted by DaveMK
Hi all, I really cant take it anymore living here in the UK due to my own personal financial and legal problems. I was considering moving to and working in the US without the right visas.

I know that may sound stupid and crazy but I know there is a large population of people who work and live illegally in the US then I came across this news item http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201012415867224 and it seems that there actually is an enormous amount of Irish people living and working there illegally. I myself am Irish btw.

What I would like to know is has anybody done this or know anybody who has done this and went on to have a successful career and life. Can you eventually get citizenship after arriving illegally, how serious is this if you get caught.

Are there any genuine agencies or groups that can help illegal aliens find work.

Any thoughts welcomed.

Thanks
Lights blue touch paper and retires ....
Old Dec 30th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

How can you have a successful career and life if you are always on the run from the authorities?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 3:03 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveMK

I know that may sound stupid
Right first time!
Old Dec 30th 2010, 3:06 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of

/ subscribes and sits back with a coffee.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 3:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

DaveMK

I see that you have 15 posts to your credit. BE is a community of British Expats for the most part.

While we have on occasion received inquiries from those who are here illegally on methods to become legal, i.e. through marriage to a USC, we do not encourage postings such as yours.

Suffice to say that living and working in the US illegally is not for the fainthearted nor for those that want to get ahead in life and enjoy a comfortable existence. There are no agencies that I'm aware of that will assist you in obtaining housing, employment, etc. You messed up your current life and now you wish to further mess it up by running away from your problems and creating newer ones.

Yes, in my area of NYC there is a huge population of Irish immigrants, legal and illegal. They do not live comfortable lives and fear the stranger who walks into their pub.

I'm closing this thread as it is out of place in this community and ask that you not repost it elsewhere on these forums.

Rete
Supermoderator

PS if you hold an Irish passport, enter the US Lottery for a greencard.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 30th 2010 at 3:17 pm.