Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Light hearted new thread

Light hearted new thread

Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:45 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Light hearted new thread

I can barely remember the TV adverts back home that used to wreck my noodle and make me seethe. However, I don't have too because they are just as bad, if not worse, here. What are your fave and most hated adds?

Right now I can't stop singing - click the B to get the most from TV (though I despise myself for it and hate the jingle) - but I do sort of like the fat guy getting a massage on the Little Ceasers ad - It was hot. It was ready. And I didn't even have to call!!! Though I hate the woman at the end. The skydiver is okay too. Any thoughts ex-pats?
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:49 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Light hearted new thread

Doooooo the Shake and Vac and put the freshness back! Do the Shake and Vac and put the freshness back. When your carpet smells fresh, your room does too ... etc. etc.

But not the original, I hated that. The one with the bikers and the little rat-like dog with a tartan coat on.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I quite like ALL adverts and none of them irritate me! Have a lovely day people.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:10 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I quite like ALL adverts and none of them irritate me! Have a lovely day people.
I am worried about you Rushy. You have been being all positive for days now. Have a nice day folks all the time. Are you running a temp? It is good, dont get me wrong, but scary ha ha
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:24 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Do people actually get paid for making ads in America? The quality is of the same order as the old cinema ads for local Indian restaurants.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 12:33 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

there utterly poo, with the odd exception....those old VW pimp my moto ad's and the ones with the crashes were amusing.

cinema, worst of all, naff powerpoint slides of local businesses....
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond reputejen_andreson has a reputation beyond repute

I find the most annoying one to be the 'work from home for $7000' a month lady/advert that is on FSC about 10 times during every footie match/show. Drives us mad.

I can't really think of any good ones, but then again I try to ignore them.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:18 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by jen_andreson
I find the most annoying one to be the 'work from home for $7000' a month lady/advert that is on FSC about 10 times during every footie match/show. Drives us mad.

I can't really think of any good ones, but then again I try to ignore them.
All ad's annoy me, but more so the ones that I find myself singing. You can tune them out on a concious level but then find yourself singing - save big money at Menards..........when you least expect it.