Life in US

Old Jan 26th 2004, 5:47 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in US

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
Take my quote out of context why don't you?
I thought I was agreeing with you....
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:24 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Guitarman
Hi All

Just joined this website. Sounded interesting.

I am currently in UK -working full time, but am thinking of changing the water.

The question I had for long time about US was,

IS IT REALLY THAT BETTER LIVING IN US??

If so, in what respect. This is also question of my wife. We have been to US for 2 wks holidays many times in the past, and loved it, but my wife thinks that it might be different when you are working there. How am I gonna know if I have never stayed there more than 2 wks for going to shops and restaurants and spending money??

If you have lived in UK before, and now living in US, could you please list good points and bad points about life and working in US? As many as possible?

Thank you.
Gman
My 5-penn'orth - It would take wild horses or a terminally sick Mother to drag me back to live in the UK.

My quality of life is better, the weather is better (SW-FL), I have a pool in my back yard, the beach is 20 minutes away and the water is warm, you get used to the beer, the restaurants are better, the service is better, the steaks are definitely better, I can buy oxtail in my local supermarket. There appears to be no law against having fun.

Sure, I prefer the beer in the North Staffs. but I wouldn't re-migrate just because of it. I do miss the oatcakes though.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:26 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TRPardoe
My 5-penn'orth - It would take wild horses or a terminally sick Mother to drag me back to live in the UK.

My quality of life is better, the weather is better (SW-FL), I have a pool in my back yard, the beach is 20 minutes away and the water is warm, you get used to the beer, the restaurants are better, the service is better, the steaks are definitely better, I can buy oxtail in my local supermarket. There appears to be no law against having fun.

Sure, I prefer the beer in the North Staffs. but I wouldn't re-migrate just because of it. I do miss the oatcakes though.

Oh your from Stoke / Biddulph.
how is the third world this week?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:31 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
Oh your from Stoke / Biddulph.
how is the third world this week?
I am from Burslem, Cheddleton, Leek and Onecote. The 3rd world has nothing on me.

Now Biddulph, that's a different world entirely.

If you have a decent Oatcake recipe which can be used at home please pass it on.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 6:37 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

actually, they are bloody good. I worked as a subcontractor at Rugeley Power Station for awhile. staple diet of mine for a long time.
Old Jan 27th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TRPardoe

Gee, sorry to hear your having such a miserable time in the US, TR. LOL!!