Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Left-luggage in Manhattan

Left-luggage in Manhattan

Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:04 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Question Left-luggage in Manhattan

I have to spend a day in midtown Manhattan, prior to heading to NJ, and need to find a place to store my roll-on for a few hours.

According to Wikipedia, "there is no longer any left luggage, storage lockers, or coakcheck service at any New York transportation station. This includes Penn and Grand Central stations." (Though elsewhere I have read that there is a facility there for people with an Amtrak ticket. However, this is a moot point as I won't be travelling by Amtrak.)

Tried a couple of museum websites, but they say their cloakrooms won't accept any luggage.

I thought of trying to sweet-talk a hotel concierge into letting me store my bag, but I guess they get these requests all the time, so not sure how feasible that is.

Any suggestions, please?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:10 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Left-luggage in Manhattan

Originally Posted by Elvira
I have to spend a day in midtown Manhattan, prior to heading to NJ, and need to find a place to store my roll-on for a few hours.

According to Wikipedia, "there is no longer any left luggage, storage lockers, or coakcheck service at any New York transportation station. This includes Penn and Grand Central stations." (Though elsewhere I have read that there is a facility there for people with an Amtrak ticket. However, this is a moot point as I won't be travelling by Amtrak.)

Tried a couple of museum websites, but they say their cloakrooms won't accept any luggage.

I thought of trying to sweet-talk a hotel concierge into letting me store my bag, but I guess they get these requests all the time, so not sure how feasible that is.

Any suggestions, please?
Are you a member of a gym like Bally Fitness? You could use their lockers.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:19 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Any suggestions, please?

How big is the roll-on? If it's large suitcase size forget it but if it's carry on size couldn't you take a back pack instead, just a thought. Of course if it's all clothes and things it wouldn't be to great for keeping them wrinkle free!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried 8th ave bus terminal ?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What day will you be doing this? PM me if it is during the week and during normal working hours. I work mid-town.

Any suggestions, please?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:56 pm
Banned

Terrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to beholdTerrier is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rete
What day will you be doing this? PM me if it is during the week and during normal working hours. I work mid-town.
You would look after a bag for someone who you have met on the internet? Are you aware of the danger you are putting yourself and all those people who work with you at?
Crazy!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Terrier
You would look after a bag for someone who you have met on the internet? Are you aware of the danger you are putting yourself and all those people who work with you at?
Crazy!
Yeah you need a pit bull to guard it!!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:19 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Yeah you need a pit bull to guard it!!
Maybe Rete could do a security check on it and post a report, handcuffs, whips, etc....
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Maybe Rete could do a security check on it and post a report, handcuffs, whips, etc....
gosh yes that would be interesting!

Is she going to pay you a visit?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy!
When I was on a visit to the states in 96 with my previous wife we were waiting for a bus from Newark airport to JFKand I went for a smoke, when I came back she was surrrounded by luggage ! ... I asked who's it was and she said some woman asked her to look after it for her ... "Are you mad ?" I asked, "Do you listen to any anouncements ? don't lokk after any persons luggage"
"Well she was English so I thought it would be fine" she said.
The woman returned and thanked her but I told her exactly what I thought of her.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy!
Hell, I married someone I met on the internet.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:32 pm
Banned

'nuff said!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 1:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

And then found out he was a part time Hells Angel ...........lol......
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for offering, Rete, but I have remembered that one of my clients has an office near the public library, so I should be able to leave my bag there.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Great comeback, Rete!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.