Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Leaving on Friday 18th June on L1 B Visa

Leaving on Friday 18th June on L1 B Visa

Old Jun 14th 2010, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

dm404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Leaving on Friday 18th June on L1 B Visa

Hi there - I'm leaving on Friday for NYC on an L1B Visa.

At the moment I have my Visa Stamped Passport & all the docs that my company prepared for me.

Before I get to the Port of Entry, is there anything else I need to bring with me or any further forms I need to fill out??

Thanks in advance,
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving on Friday 18th June on L1 B Visa

Originally Posted by dm404
Before I get to the Port of Entry, is there anything else I need to bring with me or any further forms I need to fill out?
Other than an I-94 when you get to the PoE, I don't think so, no. Remember, it is the I-94 that determines how long you are able to stay in the US - regardless of the expiry date on the visa.

Have a safe trip.

Ian
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

dm404 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Other than an I-94 when you get to the PoE, I don't think so, no. Remember, it is the I-94 that determines how long you are able to stay in the US - regardless of the expiry date on the visa.

Have a safe trip.

Ian
So I wouldn't need to complete the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) form?? Thanks, its much appreciated!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dm404
So I wouldn't need to complete the ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) form?? Thanks, its much appreciated!
No - the ESTA is purely for the VWP. You will be travelling with a visa. You will complete a white I-94 form for immigration.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck with the move tomorrow - very exciting for you! Remember to bring English chocolate