Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:35 am
Just Joined

cliveej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

Hi Please Can anyone Help ? me and my wife moved to PA last Sep on an E2 Visa,we purchased a Pool & Spa Company,We have no debt, but found it hard to do every day things we took for granted in the UK due to having no Credit History,i.e Getting cell phones,credit cards, etc etc,we finally got two credit cards one through our bank (PNC) and one through Home Depot,we are paying Medical Ins and other evryday living expenses,but the problem we now are having is we are trying to lease an SUV through either Ford or Volvo but are having problems,Has any one out there had this problem as well and if so how did you get around it ? PLEASE HELP thank you
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:38 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

buy a banger
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:55 am
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliveej
,but the problem we now are having is we are trying to lease an SUV through either Ford or Volvo but are having problems,Has any one out there had this problem as well and if so how did you get around it ? PLEASE HELP thank you
love to help... but which problem are you actually having?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:19 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
buy a banger
Yep - you'll prob either have to find a co-signer or buy a scrapper for cash til your credit history improves.
If you have a real credit card (not a secured one) you could be good to go in 6 months.
There's lots of good credit history threads on here if you search for them.

Oh, and welcome to the US of A
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

When we moved to the US 8 years ago we leased a car through International Autosource. After leasing it for 2 years we took up the option to buy.. Don't know if it's the sort of thing you are looking for but it's worth taking a look.
http://www.intlauto.com/wps/portal/intlauto/

Sue

Hi Please Can anyone Help ? me and my wife moved to PA last Sep on an E2 Visa,we purchased a Pool & Spa Company,We have no debt, but found it hard to do every day things we took for granted in the UK due to having no Credit History,i.e Getting cell phones,credit cards, etc etc,we finally got two credit cards one through our bank (PNC) and one through Home Depot,we are paying Medical Ins and other evryday living expenses,but the problem we now are having is we are trying to lease an SUV through either Ford or Volvo but are having problems,Has any one out there had this problem as well and if so how did you get around it ? PLEASE HELP thank you
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:19 am
Just Joined

Cool Re: Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Sue
When we moved to the US 8 years ago we leased a car through International Autosource. After leasing it for 2 years we took up the option to buy.. Don't know if it's the sort of thing you are looking for but it's worth taking a look.
http://www.intlauto.com/wps/portal/intlauto/

Sue
Hi Thanks for the quick replies,i have e-mailed Autosource and will speak with them tomorrow,again many thanks to all of you who took the trouble to respond
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Red face Re: Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cutina
love to help... but which problem are you actually having?
Hi the problem we'r having is Ford agreed to the lease on an SUV,but because our E2 Visa is for 2 Years then we have to renew,which is just a formaility as long as our company is still solvent,they would'nt go any further on this deal,We are at present trying to speak to someone in management position with Ford Credit, to explain that People do not just up and leave there home country with two young children,put 75% down on the purchase of a company (to satisfy the US gov) that has a turnover of more than half a million $'s per annum and then decide to leave after 2 years,we here for the long haul and eventually become citizens,my sister in law has lived here for 22 years and we have holidayed here for the past 20 years so none of this has been a decision without a lot of thought and planning,thanks
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Leasing?
Ford?
SUV?

Do you also pull your buttocks apart and sit on red hot coals?

You seem to be a bit of a masochist
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi the problem we'r having is Ford agreed to the lease on an SUV,but because our E2 Visa is for 2 Years then we have to renew,which is just a formaility as long as our company is still solvent,they would'nt go any further on this deal,We are at present trying to speak to someone in management position with Ford Credit, to explain that People do not just up and leave there home country with two young children,put 75% down on the purchase of a company (to satisfy the US gov) that has a turnover of more than half a million $'s per annum and then decide to leave after 2 years,we here for the long haul and eventually become citizens,my sister in law has lived here for 22 years and we have holidayed here for the past 20 years so none of this has been a decision without a lot of thought and planning,thanks
If you have the cash, take a 24 month Red Carpet Lease & pay all 24 months upfront. This method will even reduce the total lease payment.
2nd choice, get a Co signer/guarantor.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't understand why your visa came into play. We are here on E2's, recently leased an SUV from Ford and they were not in the slightest bit interested in how or why we were here. I think their decision is probably totally related to your credit history which has been in existence for a short time.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:57 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

You should give our resident Ford finance member a shout TRPardoe he has offered assistance before. "Vehicle help freely given," he says
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:37 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
You should give our resident Ford finance member a shout TRPardoe he has offered assistance before. "Vehicle help freely given," he says
Good idea .. Terry will give you advice ...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:39 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

If the company you bought was an existing one, can you lease through it rather than personally?
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

86cj7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I may be a bit late as I have not visited the site in a while. Autosource. Autosource, Autosource! They helped me with 2 cars and I could not be happier.

Old Mar 24th 2006, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Thanks for the quick replies,i have e-mailed Autosource and will speak with them tomorrow,again many thanks to all of you who took the trouble to respond
I think if I remember correctly you cant use Auto source once you have left the UK - the car has to ordered before you leave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.