British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/leasing-car-help-349260/)

cliveej Jan 19th 2006 12:35 am

Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

Hi Please Can anyone Help ? me and my wife moved to PA last Sep on an E2 Visa,we purchased a Pool & Spa Company,We have no debt, but found it hard to do every day things we took for granted in the UK due to having no Credit History,i.e Getting cell phones,credit cards, etc etc,we finally got two credit cards one through our bank (PNC) and one through Home Depot,we are paying Medical Ins and other evryday living expenses,but the problem we now are having is we are trying to lease an SUV through either Ford or Volvo but are having problems,Has any one out there had this problem as well and if so how did you get around it ? PLEASE HELP thank you :eek:

BritGuyTN Jan 19th 2006 12:38 am

Re: Leasing A Car HELP!!!!!!!!

buy a banger

cutina Jan 19th 2006 12:55 am

Originally Posted by cliveej
,but the problem we now are having is we are trying to lease an SUV through either Ford or Volvo but are having problems,Has any one out there had this problem as well and if so how did you get around it ? PLEASE HELP thank you :eek:

love to help... but which problem are you actually having?:confused::)

BigDavyG Jan 19th 2006 1:19 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
buy a banger

Yep - you'll prob either have to find a co-signer or buy a scrapper for cash til your credit history improves.
If you have a real credit card (not a secured one) you could be good to go in 6 months.
There's lots of good credit history threads on here if you search for them.

Oh, and welcome to the US of A :)

Sue Jan 19th 2006 2:23 am

When we moved to the US 8 years ago we leased a car through International Autosource. After leasing it for 2 years we took up the option to buy.. Don't know if it's the sort of thing you are looking for but it's worth taking a look.
http://www.intlauto.com/wps/portal/intlauto/

Sue

Hi Please Can anyone Help ? me and my wife moved to PA last Sep on an E2 Visa,we purchased a Pool & Spa Company,We have no debt, but found it hard to do every day things we took for granted in the UK due to having no Credit History,i.e Getting cell phones,credit cards, etc etc,we finally got two credit cards one through our bank (PNC) and one through Home Depot,we are paying Medical Ins and other evryday living expenses,but the problem we now are having is we are trying to lease an SUV through either Ford or Volvo but are having problems,Has any one out there had this problem as well and if so how did you get around it ? PLEASE HELP thank you :eek:

cliveej Jan 19th 2006 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Sue
When we moved to the US 8 years ago we leased a car through International Autosource. After leasing it for 2 years we took up the option to buy.. Don't know if it's the sort of thing you are looking for but it's worth taking a look.
http://www.intlauto.com/wps/portal/intlauto/

Sue

Hi Thanks for the quick replies,i have e-mailed Autosource and will speak with them tomorrow,again many thanks to all of you who took the trouble to respond :)

cliveej Jan 19th 2006 3:32 am

Originally Posted by cutina
love to help... but which problem are you actually having?:confused::)

Hi the problem we'r having is Ford agreed to the lease on an SUV,but because our E2 Visa is for 2 Years then we have to renew,which is just a formaility as long as our company is still solvent,they would'nt go any further on this deal,We are at present trying to speak to someone in management position with Ford Credit, to explain that People do not just up and leave there home country with two young children,put 75% down on the purchase of a company (to satisfy the US gov) that has a turnover of more than half a million $'s per annum and then decide to leave after 2 years,we here for the long haul and eventually become citizens,my sister in law has lived here for 22 years and we have holidayed here for the past 20 years so none of this has been a decision without a lot of thought and planning,thanks :o

Rushman Jan 19th 2006 3:38 am

Leasing?
Ford?
SUV?

Do you also pull your buttocks apart and sit on red hot coals?

You seem to be a bit of a masochist

frrussre Jan 19th 2006 3:39 am

Hi the problem we'r having is Ford agreed to the lease on an SUV,but because our E2 Visa is for 2 Years then we have to renew,which is just a formaility as long as our company is still solvent,they would'nt go any further on this deal,We are at present trying to speak to someone in management position with Ford Credit, to explain that People do not just up and leave there home country with two young children,put 75% down on the purchase of a company (to satisfy the US gov) that has a turnover of more than half a million $'s per annum and then decide to leave after 2 years,we here for the long haul and eventually become citizens,my sister in law has lived here for 22 years and we have holidayed here for the past 20 years so none of this has been a decision without a lot of thought and planning,thanks :o

If you have the cash, take a 24 month Red Carpet Lease & pay all 24 months upfront. This method will even reduce the total lease payment.
2nd choice, get a Co signer/guarantor.
Reg. Frank R.

Vicky88 Jan 19th 2006 5:46 am

Don't understand why your visa came into play. We are here on E2's, recently leased an SUV from Ford and they were not in the slightest bit interested in how or why we were here. I think their decision is probably totally related to your credit history which has been in existence for a short time.

ScousePete Jan 19th 2006 9:57 am

You should give our resident Ford finance member a shout TRPardoe he has offered assistance before. "Vehicle help freely given," he says

Ray Jan 19th 2006 11:37 am

Originally Posted by ScousePete
You should give our resident Ford finance member a shout TRPardoe he has offered assistance before. "Vehicle help freely given," he says

Good idea .. Terry will give you advice ...

CarlM Jan 19th 2006 11:39 am

If the company you bought was an existing one, can you lease through it rather than personally?

86cj7 Mar 24th 2006 5:30 pm

I may be a bit late as I have not visited the site in a while. Autosource. Autosource, Autosource! They helped me with 2 cars and I could not be happier.

Eskimo Mar 24th 2006 6:19 pm

Hi Thanks for the quick replies,i have e-mailed Autosource and will speak with them tomorrow,again many thanks to all of you who took the trouble to respond :)

I think if I remember correctly you cant use Auto source once you have left the UK - the car has to ordered before you leave