Lease Cars

Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Brandy07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lease Cars

We've found 2 cars to lease and the lease has been approved, but the garage have said that we need a PA ID card before they can register the cars. As we've not yet moved into our house, we don't have 2 proofs of addresses. We have the lease contract. We're not moving into the property for another few weeks, but don't want to wait that long to get the cars.
Have any of you managed to lease a car(s) without needing an ID card?
Old Aug 24th 2017, 2:50 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lease Cars

Originally Posted by Brandy07
We've found 2 cars to lease and the lease has been approved, but the garage have said that we need a PA ID card before they can register the cars. As we've not yet moved into our house, we don't have 2 proofs of addresses. We have the lease contract. We're not moving into the property for another few weeks, but don't want to wait that long to get the cars.
Have any of you managed to lease a car(s) without needing an ID card?
have they told you why they need PA id? It's probably to register the car with DMV. Ask them what would they normally ask for in terms of ID?
Maybe a get a library card using your current address? Do you have your driver's license? If not, can you do that quickly? you can always change the address afterwards.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:35 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that it couldn't be registered with the PA DMV without my PA drivers license. I looked for ways around this, but was told there were none. Led to a delay of a few weeks until I took my test and I picked the car up. I was left with a few more Enterprise rentals than what I wanted!
Old Aug 24th 2017, 5:49 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmvsdog
I was told that it couldn't be registered with the PA DMV without my PA drivers license. I looked for ways around this, but was told there were none. Led to a delay of a few weeks until I took my test and I picked the car up. I was left with a few more Enterprise rentals than what I wanted!
This has come up before from a couple of other states.

I think if the OP has her SSN, she should just bite the bullet and get her driver's license.

If you need help with the documents for this, then just come back and ask....
Old Aug 24th 2017, 6:48 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise

I think if the OP has her SSN, she should just bite the bullet and get her driver's license.

The drawback there is, you need proof of address (utility bills, even junk mail is fine) for a PA license. The OP may well just have to wait to get the cars.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 7:42 pm
Austin. TX.

The drawback there is, you need proof of address (utility bills, even junk mail is fine) for a PA license. The OP may well just have to wait to get the cars.
http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DV...ub%20195nc.pdf

2 proofs of residency = lease which should have both spouses names on it and a bank statement. Go into a bank and ask them to print out the statement..
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

have they told you why they need PA id? It's probably to register the car with DMV. Ask them what would they normally ask for in terms of ID?
Maybe a get a library card using your current address? Do you have your driver's license? If not, can you do that quickly? you can always change the address afterwards.
Its to register the cars and no they can't use a library card - has to be ID card
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Oh no I hope not! The garage know we have UK licenses. They said can register with an ID card (there's someone at my husband's office that has leased cars and they don't have a PA license yet so I'm assuming they must have got ID cards to get the cars. Cost enough to hire a car for a few days - don't want to have to do it for several weeks!
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

I don't have a SSN number. I'm here on an L2 visa. My husband has a SSN. We will get PA licenses but that will take time. I want to try and avoid hire 2 cars for several weeks if possible
Old Aug 24th 2017, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DV...ub%20195nc.pdf

2 proofs of residency = lease which should have both spouses names on it and a bank statement. Go into a bank and ask them to print out the statement..
Yes the lease has both our names on. I wasn't sure if bank statement would count. We set up the bank account from England so need to change the address before we can use that. If we can use the lease and bank statement and my husband's SSN to get an ID card then we'll do that first as will be much quicker
Old Aug 24th 2017, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a SSN number. I'm here on an L2 visa.
So? L-2's can get a SSN... all you have to do is apply for one.

Ian
Old Aug 24th 2017, 10:57 pm
Austin. TX.

Yes the lease has both our names on. I wasn't sure if bank statement would count. We set up the bank account from England so need to change the address before we can use that. If we can use the lease and bank statement and my husband's SSN to get an ID card then we'll do that first as will be much quicker
no YOU (L2) do not need a social security number, look on the pdf that I posted.

" Valid Passport
I-94
Visa
I-797 indicating that extension of status has been filed if stay documents are expired or about to expire (less than 6 months) for L-1 principal holder (not applicable for you)
F 2 proofs of residency"
Old Aug 25th 2017, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

no YOU (L2) do not need a social security number, look on the pdf that I posted.

" Valid Passport
I-94
Visa
I-797 indicating that extension of status has been filed if stay documents are expired or about to expire (less than 6 months) for L-1 principal holder (not applicable for you)
F 2 proofs of residency"
Thanks. I have looked at the PDF. I didn't think I had to have a SSN. Changed address with the bank so hopefully can print off a statement tomorrow once the system has updated.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 12:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no I hope not! The garage know we have UK licenses. They said can register with an ID card (there's someone at my husband's office that has leased cars and they don't have a PA license yet so I'm assuming they must have got ID cards to get the cars. Cost enough to hire a car for a few days - don't want to have to do it for several weeks!
Using Turo maybe a cheaper option for renting a car.

https://turo.com/
Old Aug 25th 2017, 1:47 am
Austin. TX.

Thanks. I have looked at the PDF. I didn't think I had to have a SSN. Changed address with the bank so hopefully can print off a statement tomorrow once the system has updated.
I don't think the ones you print at home will do the job. Check it to make sure that it looks like any that you would get through the post. If in doubt, you can just pop in to any branch and ask them to print a statement for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.