Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Last week in UK and new adventure ahead!

Last week in UK and new adventure ahead!

Old Jun 25th 2017, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

S.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Last week in UK and new adventure ahead!

Finally we managed to move out from our family home just on time and the tenant will move in two days later.
I have to say the last day was extremely emotional and I did try my very best to hold my tears until my lovely neibourough invited me for the last cup of tea.

Does it happen to you on the last day ? I mean so helpless emotional ? Or I m just over reacting ?
We are flying next weekend to San Francisco . My plan now is spend some quality time with family and friends and have enough does of my best kebab ..
Then we are ready for the adventure!
Old Jun 25th 2017, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last week in UK and new adventure ahead!

Originally Posted by S.Susan
Finally we managed to move out from our family home just on time and the tenant will move in two days later.
I have to say the last day was extremely emotional and I did try my very best to hold my tears until my lovely neibourough invited me for the last cup of tea.

Does it happen to you on the last day ? I mean so helpless emotional ? Or I m just over reacting ?
We are flying next weekend to San Francisco . My plan now is spend some quality time with family and friends and have enough does of my best kebab ..
I cried and cried.
We had given our sons places up at school and our youngest would have had to go to a different school if we had stayed due to the school being full. Otherwise I think I would have tried to convince OH to stay!
So I thought "oh well, might as well try then" and I have had no regrets!
It is horribly tough but remember why you wanted to do it in the first place and you'll be fine.
Enjoy your last week there. 👍
Old Jun 25th 2017, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ecto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond reputeEcto17 has a reputation beyond repute

We have only been in the US a week and so can really relate to how you are feeling. I held things together really well but the day before l started crying and stopped somewhere mid Atlantic!! 😆 The poor man in security at Heathrow must have wondered what was going on as l cried the whole time having just left our family at the airport. The hardest goodbye was my little boy leaving school, they were all so lovely and kind and it made it harder. Being emotional is to be expected and this week l have drawn strength from those goodbyes and the people we love and miss as l feel the support and know we can do this and l am sure you can. Whenever l get a little wobble l remind myself that this is almost a money can't buy opportunity and we are so lucky and nothing is irreversible so it is worth a try! Wishing you lots of luck and keep us updated.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 2:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Keep a picture in your head of how the kebab looked when it was new and had plenty left to go.. Never think of how that last mouthful tasted and the image of the empty polystyrene tray covered in remnants of chili sauce. You will be fine.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

S.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond reputeS.Susan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ecto17
We have only been in the US a week and so can really relate to how you are feeling. I held things together really well but the day before l started crying and stopped somewhere mid Atlantic!! 😆 The poor man in security at Heathrow must have wondered what was going on as l cried the whole time having just left our family at the airport. The hardest goodbye was my little boy leaving school, they were all so lovely and kind and it made it harder. Being emotional is to be expected and this week l have drawn strength from those goodbyes and the people we love and miss as l feel the support and know we can do this and l am sure you can. Whenever l get a little wobble l remind myself that this is almost a money can't buy opportunity and we are so lucky and nothing is irreversible so it is worth a try! Wishing you lots of luck and keep us updated.
Thanks for your kind words . You are so right , money can't buy opportunity ! I just need to focus and get over the last hurdle !
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I cried and cried.
We had given our sons places up at school and our youngest would have had to go to a different school if we had stayed due to the school being full. Otherwise I think I would have tried to convince OH to stay!
So I thought "oh well, might as well try then" and I have had no regrets!
It is horribly tough but remember why you wanted to do it in the first place and you'll be fine.
Enjoy your last week there. 👍
Thanks! I already feel a bit better after I read your reply. I m not alone and it is normal to be emotional .
Old Jun 27th 2017, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! I already feel a bit better after I read your reply. I m not alone and it is normal to be emotional .
Remember to think of it as an adventure. Nothing has to be forever...if you just don't settle then pack up and go back. But give it a chance first, it takes a while to settle.