Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Laser Eye Surgery

Laser Eye Surgery

Old Oct 11th 2006, 4:26 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laser Eye Surgery

Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So how much have you lot paid for the surgery?

I had a mate that was going to get it done, had the appointment and all the tests and questions answered, bottled it pretty much last minute because someone that he worked with had it done a couple weeks before, which was fine for the two weeks, then noticed that his peripheral vision at night became a bit kack compared to what it was, and that put my mate off.

That was about 2 years ago though.

And cost of glasses, I'll be wearing those suckers regardless now *lol*...but surgery would make getting a nice pair of shades easier than paying a fortune for prescription lenses...
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
Anyone had this done? I have had to wear glasses since I was a kid and hate the things.

Just curious if anyone had laser surgery and if they did what were the results? what was it like? how long was recovery time etc
A friend of mine had it done and said it was the best thing she ever had done.Personally I wouldn't have it done.Glasses is part of who I am.I wouldn't have any other what I call cosmetic surgery either.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So how much have you lot paid for the surgery?

I had a mate that was going to get it done, had the appointment and all the tests and questions answered, bottled it pretty much last minute because someone that he worked with had it done a couple weeks before, which was fine for the two weeks, then noticed that his peripheral vision at night became a bit kack compared to what it was, and that put my mate off.

That was about 2 years ago though.

And cost of glasses, I'll be wearing those suckers regardless now *lol*...but surgery would make getting a nice pair of shades easier than paying a fortune for prescription lenses...

Mine was $6K + tax. It was expensive because of the astigmatism.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmals
A friend of mine had it done and said it was the best thing she ever had done.Personally I wouldn't have it done.Glasses is part of who I am.I wouldn't have any other what I call cosmetic surgery either.
You are right Em and glasses suit you. There are a lot of advantages to laser eye surgery and for me there have been no disadvantages.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

emmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond reputeemmals has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You are right Em and glasses suit you. There are a lot of advantages to laser eye surgery and for me there have been no disadvantages.
thats great and I'm sure if I had it done I would wonder why I hadn't done so earlier...I'm just a pussy
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

thats great and I'm sure if I had it done I would wonder why I hadn't done so earlier...I'm just a pussy

I'm scared stiff of the thought of having a tooth pulled...but the eye surgery was a piece of cake. Didn't feel a thing...either during or afterwards.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was $6K + tax. It was expensive because of the astigmatism.
ouch...a bloke here is looking at around just under $1.5K an eye...that's still a fair chunk of change I think...hmmmm..one day, maybe *l*
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
ouch...a bloke here is looking at around just under $1.5K an eye...that's still a fair chunk of change I think...hmmmm..one day, maybe *l*

As I said I had severe astigmatism in both eyes. The doctor I chose had the very best equipment that had just been made available. You can't afford to take chances when it comes to choosing someone to slice the top of your eyeball off.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2006 at 9:01 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:02 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have any other what I call cosmetic surgery either.

Yet to see the proof they're real
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:05 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

I've worn glasses for years I used to get the 'Without your glasses your're quite good looking' Gets boring after a bit so I used to reply 'Without my glasses you're gorgeous'

Last edited by Thydney; Oct 11th 2006 at 9:23 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Thydney
I've worn glasses for years I used to get the 'Without your glasses your're quit good looking' Gets boring after a bit so I used to reply 'Without my glasses you're gorgeous'
Hey Thydney...lasik surgery gives you ex-ray vision. You can see straight through clothing.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:10 pm
Not dead yet

Hey Thydney...lasik surgery gives you ex-ray vision. You can see straight through clothing.

Why would I want Rays old vision? Never wanted x ray vision preferred braille
Old Oct 11th 2006, 9:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

As I said I had severe astigmatism in both eyes. The doctor I chose had the very best equipment that had just been made available. You can't afford to take chances when it comes to choosing someone to slice the top of your eyeball off.
true....but I think I'll be waiting a while, I think I can get a % off on the medical insurance, but not really looked into it...dodgy eye sight, any sort of blurring or loss of colour type thing and then it's game over for me *l*
Old Oct 12th 2006, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Irish friend of mine in Virginia had it done a few years ago,no insurance...$2000 per eye!,but she was thrilled,her daughter had it done as well,they both had one eye done then went back to get the other done about a week later...Maggie looked fine wearing glasses,but she hated them,anyway they're both really happy with it....I finally plucked up the courage to get contacts about two years ago...wish I'd done it years ago!...but I'm very nervous of getting 'the op' on my eyes...it's garuanteed if it goes wrong with anyone it'll be my eyes!,.....and I've got an astigmatism in my right eye as well......too scared to push my luck!...I know my ins. covers a certain %, but I'm still too nervous, I'd rather go deaf than blind,and I'm blind as a bat without my glasses or contacts!,terrible night vision as well!.....but good luck to any who do have the nerve to get the Lasik...you're very brave!!........Sophia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.