Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Labor Day...Summers done

Wikiposts

Labor Day...Summers done

Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:55 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labor Day...Summers done

What are you doing for the unofficial end of summer?...

For many of you summer will linger for a number of weeks or even months yet but for those of us up north this could be one of our last opportunities to swat the mozzies as we imbibe booze and consume bbq outside.

Thoughts go out to my pixel-buddies in the cross-hairs of the storms...stay safe guys.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:05 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labor Day...Summers done

We both have pink faces from our sojurn on the beach this morning. Actually DH says his resembles a baboon's butt.

Heading home in the am-was nice for the mini getaway. DH says he wants to do it every Labor Day.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:21 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SagenOnion
What are you doing for the unofficial end of summer?
Originally Posted by cindyabs
DH says he wants to do it every Labor Day.
Labor day, anniversaries, Christmas...all good in my book
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:24 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Labor day, anniversaries, Christmas...all good in my book
That's what I'm sayin' -
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:39 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

What are you doing for the unofficial end of summer?...

For many of you summer will linger for a number of weeks or even months yet but for those of us up north this could be one of our last opportunities to swat the mozzies as we imbibe booze and consume bbq outside.

Thoughts go out to my pixel-buddies in the cross-hairs of the storms...stay safe guys.
Sunning it in Ithaca, NY.

Did a somewhat strenuous 5 mile hike up a gorgeous gorge earlier on followed by a bracing swim in a pool under a waterfall. Then went to a brewery tasting, visited a local ice cream shop, more interesting beers and finally a lovely meal.

Tomorrow's my birthday so expect to be doing more of the same - just with prezzies!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of going to Popham Beach, although him indoors wants to spend some time shingling the roof first. He knows how to have fun.

The mozzies are eating me alive right now. How did they get so bad all of a sudden?

I think tomorrow may also be the first anniversary of us moving into our house, so we'll drink a toast and wonder how many more years it will take for us to actually put up pictures or blinds.

Then school on Tuesday. HURRRRRAAAAYYYYYYYY!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:37 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

The wife's working in the morning, so no doubt we will chill in the afternoon, fire up the grill ...drink some cold ones ......then snooze the evening away .....bliss
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:28 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Summer's done? What? I don't understand.

I thought it was always summer here.

Maybe I should stop buying flip flops, shorts, capris, and pool accessories, for a little while.

I do buy winter clothes, but only so I can wear them in my office where they insist on keeping the AC at a very chilly 72 degrees.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

My last day is ruined

I have just had a week off and would have liked to take today as a little extension but I have a load to pick up in NYC at f**kin midnight and deliver asap on tues at St Albans VT. In order to be able to do this legally I will have to leave hom before 11.00am to enable me to take a 10 huur break in NYC and get the load delivered and return home for another 10 hours at home tues afternoon
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

No wonder you didn't hear us yelling "'ello Patrick" while we were zooming through your area yesterday late afternoon.

Last edited by Rete; Sep 1st 2008 at 2:09 am.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Summer's done? What? I don't understand.

I thought it was always summer here.

Maybe I should stop buying flip flops, shorts, capris, and pool accessories, for a little while.

I do buy winter clothes, but only so I can wear them in my office where they insist on keeping the AC at a very chilly 72 degrees.
Too true! But, remember no white shoes after today!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:59 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It's our wedding anniversary weekend It's been way too long and has gone quickly.
Dh is working, as per usually. Thats life with a workaholic.
I'm here with two of the kiddos, one is already off at college and hopefully behaving.
Lovely and cool weather too. Pity we are heating up to 100 again by the end of the week
Enjoy the last of summer, I'm looking forward to winter.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:24 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshirelass
But, remember no white shoes after today!!
Noooooooooooooooo!
Oprah "The Wise One" said it was okay............
Old Sep 1st 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

I love the fall here. I am glad summer is over. I like it sunny and cool, which is what we get here in Maryland in the fall. Today is just a relaxing day. Enjoy your holiday, y'all
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:43 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Family BBQ this afternoon, real fun starts next Saturday.

Friends coming out from England for a week, one of the chaplains from Heathrow and his wife. My kind of people they drink wine, so we have visits to wineries planned and a visit to the beach to watch the sun go down and drink wine. Lunch cruise on the Willamette with wine, drive up the Columbia River Gorge with stops to drink wine. That should round off summer very well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.