Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

LA Military Exercises

Wikiposts

LA Military Exercises

Old Jan 24th 2012, 5:29 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Military Exercises

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
You would find a lot of people here who don't like the taste of the stew if you didn't keep trying to a) make out that it has been created only by the Democratic Party/Obama and b) tell us we need to be armed to the teeth to protect ourselves from martial law c) use dramatic scare tactics on a lot of cynical Brits, some of whom might well have been on the streets in protest against their government (or other peoples') before you were even around - depending on your age of course.

The controlling influences in this country, Republican, Democrat, and most of the rest of it, are economic. Always have been. Freedom is no more sacred here than anywhere else and it never has been. It's all about economic gain for some.
I'm not making out that this has been created solely by the Democrats. Bush, Cheney and the GOP were primarily behind the PATRIOT act. They are responsible for torturing people.
I can post a lot of all the treasonous GOPers who voted for NDAA.

In the other thread I posted about zealot Sarah Brady being reassured by Obama things were being done under the radar. Those are just facts. GOPers, for all their faults, won't go after guns. The Dems do; they have a history of doing so, and will again. I'd never support that tub of lard Christie because he's a firearm prohibitionist, just as bad as Bloomberg.

As to the other point about ID being shown. Yeah, that's perhaps tolerable. But having heavily armed goons there is just not acceptable. It's done for a reason, and that is to condition people to be cowed by authority, intimidated by it and less likely to speak out. It becomes acceptable. The norm. That is just out and out wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'm on lists now. I donated money to Ron Paul. It's pretty easy to track people through boards such as these. DHS has admitted it tracks social media. But it's still worth speaking out.
The people I admire considerably are the Oath Keepers. They'll have been infiltrated and cataloged and will no doubt be the first "visited" should things go sour. I'm sorry that you think I'm using scare tactics. It's not me though who's parading around in armored vehicles, bristling with automatic weaponry.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I'm not making out that this has been created solely by the Democrats. Bush, Cheney and the GOP were primarily behind the PATRIOT act. They are responsible for torturing people.
I can post a lot of all the treasonous GOPers who voted for NDAA.

In the other thread I posted about zealot Sarah Brady being reassured by Obama things were being done under the radar. Those are just facts. GOPers, for all their faults, won't go after guns. The Dems do; they have a history of doing so, and will again. I'd never support that tub of lard Christie because he's a firearm prohibitionist, just as bad as Bloomberg.

As to the other point about ID being shown. Yeah, that's perhaps tolerable. But having heavily armed goons there is just not acceptable. It's done for a reason, and that is to condition people to be cowed by authority, intimidated by it and less likely to speak out. It becomes acceptable. The norm. That is just out and out wrong.

I'm pretty sure I'm on lists now. I donated money to Ron Paul. It's pretty easy to track people through boards such as these. DHS has admitted it tracks social media. But it's still worth speaking out.
The people I admire considerably are the Oath Keepers. They'll have been infiltrated and cataloged and will no doubt be the first "visited" should things go sour. I'm sorry that you think I'm using scare tactics. It's not me though who's parading around in armored vehicles, bristling with automatic weaponry.

I come from a country where people don't answer to guns. Our police didn't used to be armed at all, and most of them still aren't, thankfully (and not because our populace had guns pointed at the government, either). There's more to being indomitable than weaponry. So no, I don't like armed uniformed people all over the place, or armed anyone else. On the other hand, I don't jump to the conclusion that "they" are getting ready to herd me into a ghetto.

We're all on lists. Some of us are on more lists than others, but every time you use a bank card or a preferred shoppers card you go on a list. Your main function is that of a consumer. However, the powers that be don't need to "come for us" you know. They are quite happy making their money - they have other countries to terrorize and don't need to be waiting around the corner to take away our guns - that would be very bad for business and in any case, vast quantities of people in this country are armed to the teeth and have shown no inclination to stop the plutocracy via armed or unarmed resistance. Some of them even benefit from it considerably.

As for your friends the Oath Keepers
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/faq/

It appears to appeal to ex military types and reminds them that their oath never expires, including the part where they a) swear to follow the orders of the president and then) those of military justice. Not at all sure I fancy being "protected" by people who answer to a military code rather than a civilian one.

As for the stuff they say they won't do - it's either being done by the U.S. against people of other countries (but that's ok? oath keepers don't speak up for them?), or is a bit mad.

Another question - can you clarify why the U.S. government wants to put us in ghettos, blockade cities, put us in camps, etc? Who will gain what, specifically? What will "they" actually do once they have us all on the wrong end of a gun?

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jan 25th 2012 at 12:53 am.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:10 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Now, that that's been addressed, doesn't any of this make you think, hmmm?
It's a fairly big concern for me. Hence my support of groups such as the ACLU and SPLC.

Local militias such as the Oath Keepers are just as scary as the federal government.

Last edited by fatbrit; Jan 25th 2012 at 2:22 am.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:32 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's a fairly big concern for me. Hence my support of groups such as the ACLU and SPLC.

Local militias such as the Oath Keepers are just as scary as the federal government.
You can say that again.

Even the Telegraph is worried, and they aren't noted for being "left wing".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-militias.html

Here is an excerpt from there, from one of these people who are getting ready to "defend" us.

"Cochran tells me the militia has what are termed ‘standing orders’ in place, in the event they capture anyone attempting to impose martial law or take away their constitutional rights on the ‘battlefield’. American officers will be executed by bullet. Foreign fighters, mercenaries or civilians employed by the US government to carry out its work will be ‘hoisted and hung’."

Why don't I feel any safer?
Old Jan 28th 2012, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

... But having heavily armed goons there is just not acceptable. It's done for a reason, and that is to condition people to be cowed by authority, intimidated by it and less likely to speak out. It becomes acceptable. The norm. That is just out and out wrong.
I would agree it's done for a reason, but the reason isn't what you suggest. It's done out of a misguided fear, the same fear you are propagating (for different reasons).

Originally Posted by fatbrit

You would consider them as equally scary? The f-ing Oath Keepers scare the shit out of me while the federal government barely registers on my radar of awareness ...
Old Jan 28th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I would agree it's done for a reason, but the reason isn't what you suggest. It's done out of a misguided fear ...
Yes - it is "security theatre" just like the TSA at airports ...
(Doesn't stop it from being irritating though)

The f-ing Oath Keepers scare the shit out of me while the federal government barely registers on my radar of awareness ...
Me too ...
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

"Holy crap Batman!"

Are these Oath Keepers for real?

Looking at the 'about' page on their website, I noted this:
We want the Justices in the Judicial Branch to follow the Constitution as written without interpretation.

So let's just turn the clock back several hundred years then...

And note that the Constitution, as written, I content, does NOT include the various Amendments, and that specifically includes the Bill of Rights.

As written, the Constitution is massively open to interpretation... That was the point, was it not?

It's a 'Work in Progress', something that I think much of the rest of the World sees with admiration, even if grudgingly so (in the same way I grudgingly admire the French armed forces and the French rugby team...!)
Old Jan 29th 2012, 4:17 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
as written without interpretation.
This is just code for as interpreted by us.