Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

LA Military Exercises

Wikiposts

LA Military Exercises

Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:27 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default LA Military Exercises

Training for riot control and, dare I say it, martial law? Yes, blah, blah, scoff, scoff, black helicopters, but as one of the commentators wrote:

"I've been deployed to Afghanistan...I don't remember seeing any Urban skyscrapers and LA type cities....it was mostly Sand, Desert, and Mountains.....Yup I'm in the military folks...this looks like marshall law and riot control training"

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/NEWS.html?article=9653697

Things are getting interesting.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:29 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Military Exercises

Heavily armed DHS officers set up ID unannounced checkpoint at social security office.

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-officers...id-checkpoint/

Definitely seeing a trend here.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:34 pm
Peace onion

I used to live near next to the rail depot at Fort Carson. In 2002, I knew we were going to war with Iraq because of the thousands of tanks and vehicles that were shipped out from Carson on train after train. All painted desert colors.

Hundreds of Bradley fighting vehicles were shipped into California last week, none of which, judging by their paint scheme, were returning from Iraq or Afghanistan.

Holy cow! Check out the size of this train, and how much materiel is on it. This is bigger than the trains that would leave Ft Carson.

Last edited by Octang Frye; Jan 24th 2012 at 3:33 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Is KFI one of those rabidly right-wing talkshow stations?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Martial law? So, no need to have elections in November then. That will help the budget deficit.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Heavily armed DHS officers set up ID unannounced checkpoint at social security office.
I suppose they can get away with an "ID checkpoint" because the people that they were checking were all trying to enter a government building although even that seems to me to be more than a little dubious since there is, to the best of my knowledge, no legal requirement for a US citizen to carry any form of ID with them ...
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/pr...ield1_h400.jpg

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-officers...id-checkpoint/

Definitely seeing a trend here.

"Prison planet TV. Gotta love it."
Old Jan 24th 2012, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
I suppose they can get away with an "ID checkpoint" because the people that they were checking were all trying to enter a government building although even that seems to me to be more than a little dubious since there is, to the best of my knowledge, no legal requirement for a US citizen to carry any form of ID with them ...
If you follow the link within the article Octang linked, you'll see that it was a "training exercise", something Octang and the linked article strangely fail to mention. Also amusing that something that happened in Leesberg, Florida is posted under a thread entitled "LA Military Exercises".

Not that I approve of this kind of crap though.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Jan 24th 2012 at 3:06 pm. Reason: Spelling!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
If you follow the link within the article Octang linked, you'll see that it was a "trainig exercize", something Octang and the linked article strangely fail to mention. Also amusing that something that happened in Leesbeg, Florida is posted under a thread entitled "LA Military Exercises".

The DHS thing seems to be part of this program. Clearly not a secret.

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/gc_1273673342503.shtm

Coming from a country that is not awash with guns, and whose police didn't even carry any weapons when I was growing up, it doesn't make me happy to see uniformed people rushing around with weapons. But then I see coppers doing it all the time. And I dare say that the government feels pressure to be seen to be doing something in case some other loon succeeds in blowing up a government building.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:07 pm

If you follow the link within the article Octang linked, you'll see that it was a "trainig exercize", something Octang and the linked article strangely fail to mention. Also amusing that something that happened in Leesbeg, Florida is posted under a thread entitled "LA Military Exercises".

He was trying to point us to two different things I think.

The first post and the second are not talking about the same thing, although that was not immediately clear.

The LA thing is in LA. A military exercise.

I saw a military exercise on Salisbury plain over Christmas. Perhaps Cameron is in cahoots with Obama and they are going to take over?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:08 pm

We have had to show ID to enter Federal Buildings in Chicago since well before 9/11.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:16 pm
Peace onion

Alright, alright, dismiss me a loon/paranoid crazy/right wing nutjob/gun nut etc. Let's get that over with. Yes, you're all totally correct and I'm an idiot. That's all well and good. I recognize and yield to your intellectual superiority and wit. Good, that's out the way.

Now, that that's been addressed, doesn't any of this make you think, hmmm?
I don't tend to ascribe to conspiracy theories what can be explained away simply and rationally. Big believer in Occam's razor.
It could just be training for a war with Iran.

I don't think there's some New World Order cabal, or Illuminati in the vein as some people do. Obviously, there is a global elite, and they're currently meeting at Davos. This is all to be expected.

But I do believe governments are scared. They've seen what happened in the Arab Spring. With the OWS movement and income disparity, mass unemployment, food prices soaring, Iran/oil prices, they know we're possibly (probably?) heading for some very trying times. They would be remiss if they didn't do some sort of preparation for all eventualities. That's why people in think-tanks and the Pentagon play games and plan for these outcomes.

As I've stated before, America is prone to authoritarianism. Citizens are being treated like cattle. Everyone is a suspect. The ingredients of 9/11 and the response, the DHS, the War on Drugs, prisons for profit, the PATRIOT act, NDAA, the economic turmoil, the bailouts, the militarization of the police, corporations as people... they've come together to produce a ghastly, foul tasting stew. And a lot of it is happening organically.

All I'm trying to do is alert you to a trend. You are welcome to scoff at sources, Alex Jones et al, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I'm not looking forward to any of this, like some survivalists, or militia types, evangelicals. Trust me, I'll be running for the hills, keeping a low profile. I'd rather chronicle for future generations what happened in these troubled times. Of course, anything can happen, but when you've got even Schwartz/Soros predicting an overreaction to protests/riots here in the US, a massive curtailment of civil liberties, surely you have to concede it's on the table and worthy of consideration/discussion?

I think I'll just leave you with this.
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air — however slight — lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.

- Justice William O. Douglas

Last edited by Octang Frye; Jan 24th 2012 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

If you follow the link within the article Octang linked, you'll see that it was a "training exercise", something Octang and the linked article strangely fail to mention. Also amusing that something that happened in Leesberg, Florida is posted under a thread entitled "LA Military Exercises".
I did follow the link - and I wasn't suggesting that it was anything more sinister than a "training exercise" - but I did pause for a moment to ponder the constitutional issues of conducting an exercise like this in such a way as to apparently require members of the public to identify themselves - hence my comment ...
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:30 pm

Alright, alright, dismiss me a loon/paranoid crazy/right wing nutjob/gun nut etc. Let's get that over with. Yes, you're all totally correct and I'm an idiot. That's all well and good. I recognize and yield to your intellectual superiority and wit. Good, that's out the way.

Now, that that's been addressed, doesn't any of this make you think, hmmm?
I don't tend to ascribe to conspiracy theories what can be explained away simply and rationally. Big believer in Occam's razor.
It could just be training for a war with Iran.

I don't think there's some New World Order cabal, or Illuminati in the vein as some people do. Obviously, there is a global elite, and they're currently meeting at Davos. This is all to be expected.

But I do believe governments are scared. They've seen what happened in the Arab Spring. With the OWS movement and income disparity, mass unemployment, food prices soaring, Iran/oil prices, they know we're possibly (probably?) heading for some very trying times. They would be remiss if they didn't do some sort of preparation for all eventualities. That's why people in think-tanks and the Pentagon play games and plan for these outcomes.

As I've stated before, America is prone to authoritarianism. Citizens are being treated like cattle. Everyone is a suspect. The ingredients of 9/11 and the response, the DHS, the War on Drugs, prisons for profit, the PATRIOT act, NDAA, the economic turmoil, the bailouts, the militarization of the police, corporations as people... they've come together to produce a ghastly, foul tasting stew. And a lot of it is happening organically.

All I'm trying to do is alert you to a trend. You are welcome to scoff at sources, Alex Jones et al, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I'm not looking forward to any of this, like some survivalists, or militia types, evangelicals. Trust me, I'll be running for the hills, keeping a low profile. I'd rather chronicle for future generations what happened in these troubled times. Of course, anything can happen, but when you've got even Schwartz/Soros predicting an overreaction to protests/riots here in the US, a massive curtailment of civil liberties, surely you have to concede it's on the table and worthy of consideration/discussion?

I think I'll just leave you with this.
As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air — however slight — lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.

- Justice William O. Douglas

You would find a lot of people here who don't like the taste of the stew if you didn't keep trying to a) make out that it has been created only by the Democratic Party/Obama and b) tell us we need to be armed to the teeth to protect ourselves from martial law c) use dramatic scare tactics on a lot of cynical Brits, some of whom might well have been on the streets in protest against their government (or other peoples') before you were even around - depending on your age of course.

The controlling influences in this country, Republican, Democrat, and most of the rest of it, are economic. Always have been. Freedom is no more sacred here than anywhere else and it never has been. It's all about economic gain for some.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jan 24th 2012 at 3:35 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 3:32 pm

I did follow the link - and I wasn't suggesting that it was anything more sinister than a "training exercise" - but I did pause for a moment to ponder the constitutional issues of conducting an exercise like this in such a way as to apparently require members of the public to identify themselves - hence my comment ...

According to the government website, it isn't "training" in that it's not for real, it's more like "practice." And as I say, it isn't very new. We have been having to show ID to get into Federal Buildings for years and years. This appears to be sort of a travelling version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.