Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

LA - advice pls re package expectations, cost of living & severance negotiations

LA - advice pls re package expectations, cost of living & severance negotiations

Old May 19th 2011, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

docholywood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LA - advice pls re package expectations, cost of living & severance negotiations

Oh, tax lawyer / advice provision - will put on my to do list and won't run down to the nearest registry until things are set in stone and all avenues explored.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA - advice pls re package expectations, cost of living & severance negotiations

Originally Posted by docholywood
Oh, tax lawyer / advice provision - will put on my to do list and won't run down to the nearest registry until things are set in stone and all avenues explored.
You ideally want them to pay for the first and last year of tax filing if you leave the US, because that's another hassle.
Old May 19th 2011, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

@ Sally - I am researching this at the moment but want to be within walking / leisurely cycling distance from 90210 where the office is located. I don't want a huge commute in the first year whilst I am getting to know the city and will make an informed decision about a preferred location further out. I hear Manhattan Beach is a good area, but have no clue about ease of commute or rental prices for 2 bed 2 bath with parking and preferably a balcony and near parkland.
Yes, Manhattan Beach is nice. Not walkable to Beverly Hills though.
Old May 20th 2011, 3:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Short time lurker here (Hello all!), and having rapidly progressed towards a move to USA (LA in sunny California) during the last two weeks, and I thought it best I get some advice!
This is Australia focused and not all will be applicable to the USA but should give you a guide as to the issues:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Corpor...tion-Australia