Reload this Page >

L2 visa returning to the UK

L2 visa returning to the UK

Old Jul 23rd 2021, 4:17 am
Just Joined

scolley82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L2 visa returning to the UK

Hi hoping for some advice.

my step mom is currently in the USA on an l2 visa, my dad on an l1a.

she hasn’t been been to see my brothers in nearly 2 years because of the pandemic and really wants and I would say needs to get home to see them.

As a UK citizen I know she could travel back whenever she wants but she needs to be back in the us within a month, is anyone aware of a way in which she could get back? From what I’ve read she would only get a NIE if my dad was also to be granted one but due to work commitments he cannot afford time out of the country.

Any advice or past experience would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L2 visa returning to the UK

Originally Posted by scolley82
Hi hoping for some advice.

my step mom is currently in the USA on an l2 visa, my dad on an l1a.

she hasn’t been been to see my brothers in nearly 2 years because of the pandemic and really wants and I would say needs to get home to see them.

As a UK citizen I know she could travel back whenever she wants but she needs to be back in the us within a month, is anyone aware of a way in which she could get back? From what I’ve read she would only get a NIE if my dad was also to be granted one but due to work commitments he cannot afford time out of the country.

Any advice or past experience would be much appreciated.
Her best option is to plan for 2 weeks layover in MX. And so 2 weeks in the UK, 2 weeks in Mexico to satisfy that one-month travel.
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 11:57 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
Her best option is to plan for 2 weeks layover in MX. And so 2 weeks in the UK, 2 weeks in Mexico to satisfy that one-month travel.
This. A 14 day stay in another country is her only option right now.
Old Jul 23rd 2021, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Or the two brothers meet her in a third Country and they can spend more time together.