View Poll Results: Do you plan to see this latest Peter Jackson extravaganza
Hell yeah I'm gonna see it, can't wait!!!!
43.75%
I definately plan to see this film, I love Peter Jackson!
0%
Don't much like Jackson, but the reviews seem positive so I'll give it a go.
6.25%
Peter who? Probably won't see it.
12.50%
What!!! That wanker Peter Jackson is at it again!! Bleedin' count me out!!!!
37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

King Kong

Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: King Kong

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I remember Kenny Everrit's satire made by "Dino De Horrendous". Now that was class.
I'm sure it was done in the best possible taste!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the option for "I like Peter Jackson but won't see a film just because he made it"?

I'm not a huge fan of King Kong in the first place and Peter Jackson remaking it isn't going to convince me that I neeeed to spend money on going to see it either.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the option for "I like Peter Jackson but won't see a film just because he made it"?
Then you and I saw two differant trailers. The one I saw looked amazing with good use of CGI technology.

For the record, I'm not seeing this film simply because Peter Jackson made it. I happen to be a huge fan of the original and thought that the trailers for this film looked amazing. Now, add in the great reviews this film is getting and it's a now brainer that I'll be presant and accunted for tomorrow when the film opens at my local cinima.

Last edited by Jabba1; Dec 13th 2005 at 8:33 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:48 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
Rental!
Now there's an idea!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 9:49 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
and accunted for
Is that a rude word?
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Is that a rude word?

Gotta love those typos Seriously, I wouldn't mind being "accunted" for tomorrow, assuming there is such a thing.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 3:39 am
Wabbit Lord

waxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant futurewaxwabbit has a brilliant future

i saw it tonight with the Mrs and thought it was great - the 3 hours whizzed by to me

i actually found it moving in places, mainly down to how brilliantly they did Kong - SO REALISTIC

and the creatures.................

amazing
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: King Kong

I saw it twice yesterday, and I agree. This is a powerful and tragic love story.

"It wasn't the airplanes that got him, it was beauty killed the beast" Carl Denham.

The artistic touches alone are worth the price of admission. I love how Jackson's team faithfully recreates depression era NY.

BTW, purists will appreciate one particular line in the film's first 30 minutes. Whilst sitting in the back of a taxi, Carl and his assistant are contemplating what actress to get for their new picture. They run the gamut of popular actresses from the period incuding the likes of Mae West. At one point however, Carl says "Hey, how about Fay", to which his assisant replies "No, she's already doing a picutre with RKO".

This is, of course, Peter's tribute to the legendary Fay Wray, the original Ann Darrow. And the film she was "already" making with RKO was, of course, KING KONG.

This film is filled from start to finish with memorable moments such as these. And when the gang finally arrives on Skull island and meet Kong and his buddies, well, the action just doesn't let up.

The way Ann (Naomi Watts is perfectly cast here) is at first horrified by Kong, but gradually comes to love him is thouroghly believeable, as are Kong's beautiful facial expressions, which are so wonderfully provided by Andy Serkis, the actor who also provided the facial expressions for Gollum in LOTR.

There wasn't a dry eye in the house when Kong took his fateful plunge from atop the Empire State Building. But this is preceeded by a beautiful romantical moment in which Kong and Ann are sliding playfully on the frozen lake in Central Park.

There are so many moving and touching moments in this film, particularly between Ann and Kong, that anyone would be hard pressed not find something they like here.

Give it a richly deserved 5 stars from me!!!

Last edited by Jabba1; Dec 15th 2005 at 6:55 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2005, 5:44 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Reviews seem to suggest we've got a winner here. Here's a link Rotten Tomatoes

When does the video come out?
Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:23 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I rented King Dong by mistake, now theres a movie
Old Dec 15th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
I rented King Dong by mistake, now theres a movie
More than one hairy gorilla in that flick, I'm sure...
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:12 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I'm off to watch King Kong then
Haven't been to a movie in ages it's either KK, or these other choices;

http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/?z=90403.

Any suggestions. I'm shooting for a movie in 1 1/2 - 2 hours
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:15 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart

Chronicles of Narnia
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:39 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Chronicles of Narnia
I thought you would definitely have suggested ' Memoirs of a geisha'
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:40 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart

Capote looks good and I love what's his name Philip seymour Hoffman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.