Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Killing Kyoto

Killing Kyoto

Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Killing Kyoto

the book is fiction, the story is fiction... the URL's WITHIN The story pointing at LOTS of data that is NOT fiction are even more compelling.

Evidence for global warming cannot even be called inconclusive; looking at the data from a different point of view shows the exact opposite of global warming in various areas of the world.

I've been involved in this discussion on several other forums over the past year and all I can say is that most people who read up on the subject outside of fox news realise the sham that lobbyists represent
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I remember correctly that they 'forgot' to include aircraft emissions in the calculations. Also with the UK running out of natural gas, the alternate would produce much more emissions, nuclear accepted.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USBound
the book is fiction, the story is fiction... the URL's WITHIN The story pointing at LOTS of data that is NOT fiction are even more compelling.

Evidence for global warming cannot even be called inconclusive; looking at the data from a different point of view shows the exact opposite of global warming in various areas of the world.

I've been involved in this discussion on several other forums over the past year and all I can say is that most people who read up on the subject outside of fox news realise the sham that lobbyists represent

Hardly just a sham presented by lobbyists. Many reputable scientists hold views opposite to those you support. Nobody knows for sure what the truth is - probably never will - and in those circumstances isn't it wise to err on the side of caution? Too much is at stake.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:02 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

in my mind they have yet to prove that pollution is actually a problem... the world moves in a cycle.. proven... that cycle is on its temperature upturn...doesn't matter WHAT you do it will happen... basics of a cyclic system.
I am old enough to remember the scaremongering undertaken by the world's media in the 70's/80's, who told us to start 'preparing' for the ice age which was bearing down upon us.

How about the ozone layer? Weird that we hear nothing much about it, now isn't it? I wonder why that would be.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a "position" I'm simply an inteligent person who reads between the lines and looks to who the benefactors are when the latest scare becomes the latest "green" craze.

Read history, global warming as a concept is real... the title however is misused in current popularised context; the increase in CO2 and global temperature is normal for this point in the known cycle and no concrete evidence exists to the contrary. Those scientists you mention are rarely independant... science as a whole is largely profit driven... no one profits from status quo so a new theory is required and new information must be gathered to support it... read the book... read the sources (both for and against), make your own choice.

My reference to lobbyists simply reflects my own scepticism regarding motive when these subjects are used raise monies to be used under and umbrella of change whilst the companies running the whole deal feed on the cream their lobbying produces.

Like Tele-vangelists, scare the people by quoting supposed rhetoric and applying to current context, then tell them they can help by donating....

the reason these issues disappear is that people lose interest... so they come up with a new "danger" or apply a new spin to an old "danger".

/$0.02
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:33 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear

How about the ozone layer? Weird that we hear nothing much about it, now isn't it? I wonder why that would be.
Maybe you're not reading the right newspapers?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ck=1&cset=true
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Maybe you're not reading the right newspapers?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ck=1&cset=true
that paper requires a login?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:44 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

erm? no.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 6:58 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

You remember the old saying, "leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos"?
Well, ozone hole or not, shouldn't we be doing all we can to preserve the earth? Is it right that we are pumping carcinogens and mutagens into the air and the seas and the ground? That kind of bullshit is not acceptable
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

when I press on the link it goes to here
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chorlton
You remember the old saying, "leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos"?
Well, ozone hole or not, shouldn't we be doing all we can to preserve the earth? Is it right that we are pumping carcinogens and mutagens into the air and the seas and the ground? That kind of bullshit is not acceptable

I'm afraid you're missing the point... the "carcinogens" were already on earth... we just moved them around a little. Without said "carcinogens" and mutagens life wouldn't exist... mutation IS life....
Old Dec 10th 2005, 1:25 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Of course we mustn't do that. I live and breathe organic all the way, so of course it concerns me.

However, I have a huge problem with non-profits/aka NGO's (which are a lark btw, having lived in Africa for 30 years, I've seen them up close and personal and frankly, very few impress me), playing the heavy with the West, when it is the developing world that they should be addressing. They are the world's biggest polluters, and get a 'pass' so-to-speak, with the huge reserves of rhetoric usually being skewed in their favor and against us.

Instead of gab-festing, thereby contributing to the Co2 problem worldwide, why don't they put their heads together and actually help the developing nations with the problems?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 4:06 pm

I'm afraid you're missing the point... the "carcinogens" were already on earth... we just moved them around a little. Without said "carcinogens" and mutagens life wouldn't exist... mutation IS life....
Thats the funniest thing I've seen all day
Old Dec 10th 2005, 4:08 pm

Instead of gab-festing, thereby contributing to the Co2 problem worldwide, why don't they put their heads together and actually help the developing nations with the problems?
Can't argue with that
But then I guess that would require the planet to work together, and put petty differences aside Not going to happen, is it?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 4:57 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

And what about Deep Vein Thrombosis.? The fact that we now have bird flu to think about, it all gets forgotten.

The Media, they're ONLY there to sell papers, get viewing figures, jump on the next bandwagon. As soon as all the bleeding hearts and artists realise that the better (and less powerfull) the media will be.

*get's down from soap box!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.