Reload this Page >

K1 Visa Advice

K1 Visa Advice

Old Sep 21st 2002, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K1 Visa Advice

Hello,

My USC fiancee just received our 2nd NOA regarding her I-129F petition. Of course we are both very happy and excited that everything is going so smoothly through VSC. It stated that the approval was valid from September 12, 2001 until January 12, 2003 and was cabled to Montreal (Canada). Here is our predicament. We originally chose the wedding date of August 30, 2003 and based on that day, I would leave in early July on the K1 so I would have time to marry and file AOS (I-485). However, as it says that this 2nd NOA is valid until January 12, 2003, that would mean assuming I have my interview on that last possible day, I MUST leave Canada by June 12, 2003 (6 months of having the K1 issued). Is that correct? Does the Montreal Consulate issue the visa the same day as the interview? Would there be any chance of "delaying" the process so we could keep our original date? I will be seeing the Church on Sunday and am really thinking about moving the date earlier so that we can be in line with the time limitations of the K1 Visa.

Any thoughts?

Ian