K Mart

Old Jul 26th 2004, 7:28 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Re: K Mart

Originally posted by ladyofthelake
I had something in a similar vein happen last night.
Sitting in a slightly more upmarket Spanish restaurant, the waiter came out with a large tray with our orders on it, plonked it down on the stand, then left. The next minute, out he comes again, with another tray of food for the next table, and proceeds to serve them all their meals, whilst we sit there like plonkers looking at our meals on the tray waiting to be served. WTF kind of service is that?
I think everyone has a story about bad customer service, some worse than others, I too have had diabolical service at Best Buy and I refuse to enter a store that insist on checking my receipts and my bags on the way out, so I can prove to them that I am not a thief. Amongst my worst experiences was a Wendy’s where instead of inviting the next customer to come forward and place an order, the rudest fats food worker I have ever encountered summoned me by clicking her fingers at me…she didn’t make eye contact once and proceeded to get my order completely wrong. I insisted the manager fire her on the spot…obviously he didn’t, but it was fascinating to see how many people in the restaurant stood up and started to complain once I had made a stand…leaving me to slip out the back of the crowd without having paid for the meal and caused a massive raucous in the establishment!

I also overheard a Pizza Hut waitress in Caterham, UK talking to the chef about a (I think her words were) “fat ugly bitch on table 12� as I was waiting for my take away pizza…now, I let that go (because I didn’t want to upset anyone) but when the two of the conspired to drop cigarette ash, spit, dust and pubic hair into the pizza sauce of the unfortunate woman on table 12, I had to go and let her know what added benefits she had on the pizza, that certainly were not ordered. The manager was obviously demanded, and he took about 5 minutes to get off the phone, by which time, the (very nice) lady on table 12 had proceeded to tell everyone (going table to table) in the restaurant that their dinner was most likely adulterated in the same way as hers. The manager came downstairs to a virtually empty restaurant (90% of the tables got up and left) and one very angry lady from table 12 who was not in the mood to hear excuses and lies from the waitress and chef.

I got an apology letter from Pizza Hut (UK) with about 20 quid in vouchers, which I believe that I still have…my desire to ever go to a Pizza Hut again is somewhat low.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I remember a few years back their was a documentory shown on TV about fast food places... it should employees at burger king spitting on burgers etc but pizza hut came off worse it should (esp in london) they were filthy and the workers were doing all kind of gross things.

Ash
Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I had something in a similar vein happen last night.
Sitting in a slightly more upmarket Spanish restaurant, the waiter came out with a large tray with our orders on it, plonked it down on the stand, then left. The next minute, out he comes again, with another tray of food for the next table, and proceeds to serve them all their meals, whilst we sit there like plonkers looking at our meals on the tray waiting to be served. WTF kind of service is that?
Please tell me you said something!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:40 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AmerLisa
Please tell me you said something!!!!
Unfortunately no. We did the British thing of sitting there silently seething
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:48 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

I would have just left.

I mean, if they don't have the courtesy to bring the food to me, I don't have the courtesy to stay for long.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:52 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I know. I still need some practice in the art of complaining. Sometimes I can do it, sometimes not.
When it involves money, ie me losing it ...then I get angry.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 3:53 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

The American way to show your disdain at the level of "service" would have been to leave a measly tip or no tip at all. Service? What service?

It's easy to make comments like the above in hindsight but it's worth keeping in mind should something similar happen again.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

The Best Buy thing is weird. I went in there the other day and it was like going through airport security to get out...not nice when you've just spent hundreds of dollars in there. Won't bother with that again. Incidentally, the Best Buys in Canada don't have bouncers on the door.

K-mart is pretty naff. I did just buy some Martha Stewart wine glasses in there though
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Overthere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
The Best Buy thing is weird. I went in there the other day and it was like going through airport security to get out...not nice when you've just spent hundreds of dollars in there. Won't bother with that again. Incidentally, the Best Buys in Canada don't have bouncers on the door.

K-mart is pretty naff. I did just buy some Martha Stewart wine glasses in there though
K-Mart where I live in PA has just closed that branch. Mind you, it's right opposite a Wal-Mart that is always packed. K-Mart was never busy. I complained about the quality of their meat to the assistant and he basically told me too bad. I said now I know why I dislike shopping in K-Mart so much and he said "Good, go shop somewhere else" and was laughing to his associate. I couldn't be bothered to say anything else but now I know whey they were always empty with staff like that. I have never had any problems with any staff anywhere else even when I return things.